This position serves as the technical liaison between the corporate personal lines team and regional underwriting operations. Responsible for establishing operational best practices and standardized quality programs. Ensures all underwriting processes and procedures are documented, maintained, and uniformly applied across all regions. Responsible for integrating new products, guidelines, and programs into personal lines workflows. Collaborates with corporate underwriting in determining and developing necessary best practices for key underwriting policy topics. Serves as subject matter expert and provides support in the development of underwriting training materials and job aids. Assists the personal lines management team in the development of underwriting strategies and initiatives aimed at meeting and exceeding personal lines goals and profit objectives.
Role Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Seven (7) to ten (10) years property and casualty personal lines underwriting experience
• Strong knowledge of technical underwriting methodologies, rating programs, sources for risk information and system workflows.
• Previous experience in the development of training materials and facilitation of technical (underwriting) training to staff.
• Prior experience developing change management programs and related procedural & technical material.
• Proven experience with developing procedures.
• Strategic mindset coupled with exceptional analytical and communication skills (oral and written) will allow you to influence and engage others.
• Ability to work well independently and effectively in a complex environment with a multi-location team structure.
• Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities within prescribed time lines.
• Proven research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong presentation and exceptional follow-up & reporting skills.
• Good computer skills using Microsoft Office and various personal lines programs.
Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business.
Influencing and Negotiation - Gaining others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions; achieving desired business results through effective negotiation.
Analytical Thinking/Decision Making - Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
Manage Project Execution - Ability to plan, organize, monitor and control projects ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources.
Relationship Building - Initiates, develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
Personal Insurance - Knowledge of personal insurance products, market segments and marketplace.
Communications - Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally; recognizing that verbal communication is more than just language - it includes tone, style and structure.
Risk Assessment - Knowledge of how to complete a risk assessment and to identify actual and potential hazards or loss exposures.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Knowledge of the full spectrum of activities, practices, tools and considerations for managing the underwriting process.
Solutions Development - Knowledge of and ability to work with customers to assess needs and generate appropriate solutions to problems or identified needs.