WPX Energy has an opening for an experienced Completions Engineer working in the Marcellus Shale.
This position is reponsible for the following:
•Completion engineering activities including design, coordination, data analysis and optimization of a multi-rig completion program and other asset enhancement projects.
•Petroleum engineering tasks related to, completions, workovers, frac design, completion optimization, and ongoing production and maintenance activities.
•Well completions of horizontal wells in gas reservoirs, including fracture stimulation, perforating design, downhole completion tools, logistics, and wellbore remediation.
•Plan short and long-term tasks to meet production, Lease Operating Expense, and capital budget goals.
•Accurate and timely reporting of critical activities.
•Identify and assess workover candidates throughout the year and implement improvements to help achieve production targets. Work with field production staff to identify candidates on a quarterly basis.
•Work to continuously improve asset operations, including new technologies, bid evaluations, cost-cutting measures, and infrastructure projects.
•Provide engineering assistance to Regulatory, Accounting, Engineering Technicians, and Field Administration. This includes coordination and creation of new well AFEs.
•Familiarity with project economics and related software a plus.
The position requires:
- Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of industry related experience
- Experience with completions and workovers of horizontal wells, experience in Marcellus Basin preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to handle multiple tasks with changing and conflicting responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Must be self-motivated and an enthusiastic team player capable of completing tasks in a group environment.
WPX Energy - 24 months ago
WPX Energy specializes in producing natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids from non-conventional resources such as tight-sands and shale...