This position is for a Sr Petrophysicist in the Petrophysical Techology group located in the Denver, CO office. This position works in a functionally centralized petrophysical group that supports various regions across the company.
• Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience in petrophysical interpretation and operations.
• Proficiency in computer based interpretation in a petrophysical software package a must and knowledge of Interactive Petrophysics software package is a big plus.
• Experience in tight gas, oil/gas shales, and unconventional reservoirs is highly desired.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to successfully interact with representatives of other departments, vendors, partner companies, foreign governments, and work well in integrated teams.
• Provide petrophysicial support for US-Onshore Rockies Exploration and Asset Teams.
• Participate in the planning and execution of formation evaluation programs to optimize project team objectives, particularly as a member of integrated project teams.
• Provide operational petrophysical support to wells drilling within areas of responsibility.
• Apply petrophysical interpretation techniques using state-of-the-art technology.
• Undertake petrophysical regional studies to support exploration & development teams in their efforts to evaluate new basins/plays and improve reservoir characterization of strategic assets.
• Interface with logging & coring vendors as part of providing petrophysical support for region.
• Keep up with current and leading logging (wireline & LWD) technologies and their applications.
• Keep abreast of new interpretation techniques as they relate to areas of responsibilities.
• Interface with asset/exploration team & Petrophysics department to maximize knowledge and technology transfer.
MS or PhD degree (or equivalent) in Geology, Petroleum Engineering or Physics. MS or PhD degree in a similar technical field may be considered if other requirements are met. BS degree will be considered with commensurate and relevant industry experience.
This position is eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 20%.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.