Key Position Responsibilities
Senior Plant Accountant
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position will be responsible for all aspects of plant accounting for the assigned gas processing plants, consisting of a variety of complex processing, gathering and transportation assets, including all margin reporting and balance sheet activity and invoicing/settlement for the assigned assets.
SCOPE AND MAGNITUDE:
Must work with multiple assets / plants in several geographic areas with diverse operating conditions; Required to communicate with Commercial and Accounting groups in multiple offices; Requires the use of and proficiency with operational applications and the PeopleSoft financial system.
POSITION FUNCTIONS: % of Time
• Generate and record timely and accurately all sales invoices/inter-company sales, and purchase remittances, as well as process the associated receipts and payments. Ensure payments are properly and timely approved and paid.
• Work closely with Asset Managers to record monthly accrual. Perform monthly revenue analysis timely and accurately. This process includes Accrued to Actual variance analysis and Prior Period Adjustment explanations.
• Ensure that the results in revenue transaction systems and/or Excel are timely and accurately reconciled with information in the General Ledger and PGAS or outside pipeline statements.
• Reconcile each balance sheet account assigned. Identify and timely resolve/clear any reconciling items. Ensure that entries are appropriately classified and in the correct account.
• Respond timely to both internal and external customer needs. Periodically solicit feedback from internal clients for performance and improvement.
• For assigned assets/customer, clear/resolve AR issues on a timely basis. Assist AR Group in keeping aged receivables at a minimum.
• Special projects as assigned, including participation in systems development and testing
• Third party customers, Asset Directors, Internal and external auditors, various groups in Dallas, i.e. Regulatory Reporting, Tax, Commercial, Accounting; will work with multiple assets/plant within several geographic areas with diverse operating conditions
Key Essential Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelors degree in Business, preferably with emphasis in Accounting or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years midstream oil and gas/gas plant experience
• Prefer experience with midstream revenue systems (TIES, TIPS, QLM, Plant Master, etc.) and PeopleSoft.
• Excellent computer and system skills, proficient in Excel
• Sound analytical thinking and decision-making
• Good interpersonal skills – team-player; relates well with peers and supervisor, works well with other functional groups including Commercial, Contracts, Measurement, etc.
• Previous experience in the development and implementation of system and process solutions
• Gets results through personal initiative
• Positive attitude and disposition