Innovative technologies. Superior solutions. Outstanding opportunities.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $24.9 billion, is a technology leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning approximately 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in
, Raytheon employs 75,000 people worldwide.
Integrated Defense Systems is Raytheon’s leader in Global Capabilities Integration providing affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
generated over $5 billion in 2011 revenues and employs more than 15,000 people.
is headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts and also has facilities in Sudbury, Woburn, and Andover.
The Signal Processing Technology group in the Electrical Design Directorate needs experienced software engineers with a desire to work with state-of-the-art processing technologies and distributed high performance computing architectures to build next-generation Radar Signal Processing applications.
Bring your talent and skills to this
team as a Senior Principal Software Engineer:
Responsibilities include work with Linux, Unix, and Real Time Operating Systems developing C/C++ language implementation of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions involved in and direct control of sensor systems. The position includes software development and performance optimization on x86-based industry standard server platforms to meet real-time requirements, doing verification testing to ensure correct implementation, and laboratory integration and test.
Responsibilities also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, and Hardware and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software. The candidate should have a proven record of performance in a highly motivated team environment, and will be collaborating with cross-functional project teams making up a larger program or internal research and development efforts.
(minimum of 10 years relevant experience)
- Testing and debugging in C++/C Linux or Unix environment
- Developing and optimizing algorithms for performance in a parallel processing environment
- Understanding of operating systems and computer architecture.
- Translation and implementation of software requirements for design, and test specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Advanced degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is desirable.
- Multithreaded applications development that includes hands-on experience testing and debugging in C++/C Linux or Unix environment, preferably on x86 processors.
- Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance, preferably in a parallel processing environment or for exploitation of SIMD or vector processing units.
- Background should include an ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or
era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++
meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
- Working understanding of parallelism and concurrency as applied to algorithm implementation on shared memory and distributed systems
- Experience in multithreaded, multiprocessor software development using pthreads, OpenMP, or MPI programming models on clustered deployments.
- Experience developing applications for GPGPU and/or Intel Xeon Phi processors
- Familiar with software configuration management and development process control (i.e. CMMI)
- Experience in using version control tools such as Clearcase
- Continuous integration and test experience in a hardware/software laboratory environment
- Outstanding communications skills
- A strong team player
who also has the
ability to work independently
- A high degree of creativity and ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a global workforce of almost 14,000 employees and 2011 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...