Raytheon Vision Systems (RVS) develops and manufactures electro-optics and infrared camera engines. The Thin Films department is seeking a senior engineer to participate in the design and fabrication of IR filters and AR coatings. The candidate will work to improve yield on existing thin film processes, sustain process capability via the implementation of SPC, and transition to production new optical designs in a timely manner.
Responsible for pioneering concepts and their implementation for enhanced optical thickness control. The ability to construct/repair vacuum chambers and integrate additional control hardware (i.e. optical monitors) into existing chambers is essential.
articipate in developing technology strategy for advanced optical coatings and devices and lead the thin film technical roadmap while establishing relationships with internal
and external customers and leading bid/proposal activities.
- 10+ years industrial experience, including
- Filter design, manufacture and characterization in UV/VIS and IR.
- Process development
and transition to production for optical coatings and devices.
- High Rate Wafer Fabrication including semiconductor and thin film processing.
- Design and manufacture of vacuum chambers in the areas of sputtering, PECVD, e-gun evaporation and in situ optical monitoring for optical coatings.
- Demonstrated experience in vacuum deposition process improvements with emphasis on repeatability and process capability.
- Expertise in Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Demonstrated leadership skills and fostering a team environment.
- Proven experience with Cycle Time Reduction with relevant technologies in high rate production lines.
- Experience in driving fabrication yield improvements in a timely manner.
- Effective communication and technical writing skills.
- Familiarity with a cleanroom work environment.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience in Commercial and DOD environment.
- Experience leading a technical team.
- Experience with programming and implementation of Inficon controllers.
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry best practices in substrate growth, wafer fabrication, metrology, material characterization and test.
Required Education(including Major)
MS in Materials, Physics, or Engineering required, Ph.D. preferred.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Network Centric Systems (NCS), headquartered in McKinney, Texas, develops and produces mission solutions for networking, command and control, battlespace awareness, and air traffic management. Programs include civilian applications, command and control systems, integrated communications systems, and netted sensor systems. NCS serves all branches of the United States military, the National Guard, the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Aviation Administration, and other U.S. national security agencies, as well as international customers. NCS is driving transformation in the Information Age by leading Raytheon's Net Centric Operations Enterprise Priority. This effort unites the core strengths of the company to provide networked systems, net-enabled systems, and net-centric integration to customers worldwide for emerging requirements. NCS continues to remain focused on the needs of today's warfighters by providing mission systems integration for the Homeland Security and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance missions. We further provide systems and components to support the Missile Defense and Precision Engagement missions. In each of these vital efforts, NCS serves to provide our customers with unprecedented accuracy, speed, and Common Decision Engagement Capability.
Raytheon - 18 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...