Eng Process Engn
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated engineers to become part of our Process Integration and Yield Engineering Team. Working in the inline defect inspection and control team you help to build the first line of defense to minimize yield variability and improve defect limited yield.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Work in a highly motivated In-line Defect Inspection team and improve the defect limited yield of a 28nm state of the art production line.
• Drive an effective inline inspection strategy & methodology to support the aggressive ramp of state of the art technologies
• Drive continuous improvement to streamline CFM workflows on inline defect detection efficiency and defect monitoring
• You analyze defect baselines & trends and drive improvements in cooperation with Yield, Integration and Process Engineers to drive defect limited yield.
• Design, execute and analyze partition studies to evaluate process results or equipment baseline performances with a view to achieve industry competitive standards
• In corporation with inspection equipment experts you implement and improve a cost efficient inspection strategy aligned with Lean Six Sigma principles and operational excellence.
• You implement statistical controls and work with the CFM shift team to detect and contain defect issues in real-time.
• Help establish and execute specific department plans and strategies to support the fab to achieve manufacturing KPIs. These include cycle time, line yield, OEE (overall equipment efficiency)….etc.
• Participate in a “Continuous Improvement” program and follow “Lean Manufacturing” practices in the department to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
• Support Fab8’s efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture.
• Required to work in a clean-room environment to supervise, execute or oversee activities.
• MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or related technical fields
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self starter
• Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
• Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
• Individual must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint …)
• Other responsibilities as directed by management
• PhD or 3 years of Semiconductor process engineering experience in defect analysis and reduction is strongly preferred
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).