Johns Manville, A Berkshire Hathaway Company, is looking for a Senior Product Engineer for our Waterville, OH Plant location. The Waterville Complex houses a pilot scale mat machine, the I&C Group for North American Fibers non-wovens, and technical support functions such as process engineering. The former Division Headquarters Building now houses most of EPG’s customer service functions and limited supply chain functions such as scheduling. Additional division technical support is also located in this building.
The Sr product engineer role supports EPNA’s markets and customers by providing the link between product development (in I&C and/or R&D), application development, and manufacturing.
This position supports EPNA's filtration markets and includes a significant amount of direct customer contact, industry-wide test method development work and the solution of technical service issues as well as process development in our filtration media processes.
Leading new product and process development when they move past the R&D phase and are being scaled up at JM’s manufacturing facilities
Provide internal and external (customer) technical service to operations when customer issues and complaints arise for existing and new products
Develops new products and adapts manufacturing processes to meet customer needs based on existing fitness for use requirements, having an active role in developing the fitness for use requirements for new and modified products
Actively engages in industry-wide development and modification of relevant filtration test methods
Driving excellence in staged product development and in project management in the I&C Group.
Demonstrating aggressive IP protection attitude for new developments.
Keeping abreast of market intelligence on competitor’s technology and product platforms and feedback into I&C group and business team.
Identifying requirements and developing sharp product definitions for potential new developments that will lead to solutions that provide value to our customers.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering / chemistry required
- OR/4 year degree + 8-10 years experience in process engineering and technical customer service
- OR/Masters degree + 5 years experience in process engineering and technical customer service
- OR/Ph.D. degree with +3 years experience and technical customer service
- Glass Air Media (or similar fine fiber filtration media):
- Product, Process and Application Knowledge and Experience. Respected expert in the field of (air) filtration
- Experience in technical customer service in a B2B environment
- Strong interpersonal skills (team Player, Customer orientation, conflict management, Product Management skills)
Johns Manville (JM), a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial...