- Drives program governance that creates the structure and practices to guide the program and provide senior level leadership, oversight, and control.
- Execute program reviews with key business unit management and executive management through a capture program review process.
- Manages several parallel projects where enterprise IT organizations are pursuing large complex business that combine the delivery of software, hardware, services, new and changed business models.
- Drive program structure to address EMC business priorities.
- Plan, organize, direct and company resources (concerned with the dynamic allocation, utilization, and direction of resources (both human and technical)), with time – in relation to both individual efforts and product delivery.
- Ensure the work effort achieves the outcome specified in the business and IT strategies – including setting and reviewing objectives, coordinating activities across projects, and overseeing the integration and reuse of interim work products and results.
- Role includes focus on integration activities, negotiating changes in plans, and communicating key message and results on periodic basis to key stakeholders.
- Work with finance and cost data to develop a plan to grow margins over time on contracts - addresses hardware cost models over life cycle of program.
- Accountable to executive sponsors for schedule, budget, and quality of all program elements.
- Leads high level sessions for program plan and schedule development.
- Reviews/approves project plans for conformance to program strategy and program plan and schedule.
- Acts as the communications conduit to executive sponsors and program steering committee and conducts periodic briefing/status updates.
- Escalates decisions to executive sponsors as necessary.
- Works closely with Business Development, Proposal Management, Technical Architects and Sales Account Executives and Sales Management.
- Works closely with EMC Federal Partners and 3
- Own and oversee the implementation of the program’s underlying business and IT strategies and to define the program’s connection to the enterprise’s overall business plan and direction.
- Activities include providing and interpreting Government and partner policies, creating an environment that fosters sustainable momentum for the program deliverables and reviewing program progress and interim results to ensure alignment with the overall strategic vision and business requirements.
- Takes sales strategy and executes it into the RFP/Contract response.
- Identified areas of risk/opportunity and influences and implements continuous improvements.
- Keeps awarded contracts throughout their life cycle current with company strategy and product life cycles.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Strong business acumen and strategic agility. Ability to partner across organizations (internal and external).
- Strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
- 10+ years of experience required within IT industry supporting Federal Government business.
- Past performance on large complex programs resulting in pipeline and revenue contribution to Sales IT business model.
- Bachelors degree in specific discipline plus 10 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training.
- PMP certification preferred.
Active TS/SCI Clearance
EMC - 9 months ago
EMC has its head in the cloud. And rightly so for a company that's helping businesses build Web-based computing systems with its data s...