To maximize the corporate profitability, technical reputation and position of MTS within the market place by independently managing large/significant projects (generally including substantial custom mechanical, electrical and software designs) in an effective manner, fully meeting the project performance objectives of schedule, budget, technical specifications, and customer satisfaction.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Provides pre-order technical support through conceptual design drawings, technical descriptions, customer meetings, project planning, and contract negotiation.
2. Establishes reliable sold-cost estimate.
3. Determines and plans attainable, project schedules.
4. Serves as the overall project manager and is responsible for all parameters of project performance (cost, technical performance, schedule, and customer satisfaction).
5. Plans and coordinates the project.
6. Effectively monitors and controls project progress.
- Reviews and acknowledges customer orders (with revisions if appropriate).
- Sets clear goals and objectives.
- Builds project team.
- Delegates appropriate work.
7. Directs the system checkout and performance testing.
- Reviews periodic reports, consults with appropriate individuals, and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Consults with customer as required.
- Initiates and conducts contract renegotiations where appropriate.
8. Proposes and manages R&D programs where applicable.
- Develops and implements checkout plan and coordinates all checkout, shipping and financial activities.
- Is responsible for coordinating the system's documentation with Technical Communications.
- Obtains clear customer acceptance.
9. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable MTS product line.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
BS or Equivalent
9 years related experience.
At least 2 years performing duties at a TE 6 level or equivalent.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 16 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...