The candidate in this contract position will be playing a key role in success by managing large, highly complex information technology projects in accordance with established standards and best practices. Experience implementing either Arriba or Emptoris Contract Management Systems is a plus.
Responsibilities and essential job functions:
- Assesses project health and directs any necessary corrective measures.
- Creatively applies project management processes to address unique situations; assesses project status and direct corrective measures to ensure project success.
- Clarifies and applies triple constraint priorities to project oversight and control.
- Aligns scorecard metrics to triple constraint priorities.
- Evaluates and manages project change impacts.
- Creates comprehensive project plans, detailing project schedule, resource estimates, quality requirements and metrics, and organizational change management activities.
- Ensures completion of all steps required to obtain project funding and resource acquisition approval.
- Defines and documents project work breakdowns, monitors task status, updates work estimates and incorporates new tasks into plan as needed.
- Determines project governance and decision making structure.
- Establishes project roles and responsibilities and provides team members with clear direction.
- Develops and actively manages project schedule, resources, and budget.
- Manages resource gaps and acquisitions, engaging third party suppliers for outsourced services as needed.
- Tracks and reports monthly budget accruals and variances.
- Drives the selection and application of project management and systems development life cycles for projects, ensuring adjustment for specific project requirements.
- Directs completion of applicable lifecycle deliverables in compliance with established company standards, practices and policies.
- Influences operational and executive leadership within the business areas to create and maintain alignment around the project business objectives, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, and constrains impacting project delivery.
- Negotiates across multiple functions to resolve project conflicts and competing priorities.
- Negotiates project schedule, scope, resources, and budget to meet project needs.
- Information Technology (IT) project based roles building and leading distributed teams
- Experience in the application of industry based project management and systems development methodologies and tools
- IT project management experience including all elements of scope, time, cost, risk, quality, integration, procurement, human resources and communications
- Ability to work with business areas to prioritize requirements and select appropriate technology to deliver effective business solutions and achieve business benefits
- Requirements elicitation, and process analysis and design expertise
- Experience mentoring other project managers in project management
- Project management practices process improvement
- Specific vertical technical or business area expertise relevant to critical IT portfolio demand, such as Retail, Supply Chain, Store Development, IT Infrastructure, ERP, BI
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of basic business principles
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to build cross functional project teams
- Ability to flex leadership style to accommodate a wide variety of team member styles and leverage team diversity
- Ability to manage geographically distributed teams
- Ability to maneuver through tough political situations
- Ability to navigate within a fast-paced dynamic environment with high degrees of ambiguity to deliver large and complex projects
- Superior communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate to diverse audiences and all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of process improvement and quality methods, such as Lean, Six Sigma
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...