Purpose of the Job (Summary)
This role offers the opportunity to develop the sourcing strategy of Raw Materials for the Americas Zone under the supervision of the Americas Category Head.
You will be responsible for leading a selected portfolio of Categories and Business segments for the Americas including the management of the suppliers, the execution of sourcing processes, the negotiations of contracts in order to maximize L’Oreal’s results, improving bottom line growth and TCO.
This position will also require empowering the Business stakeholders in their decision making, with a close involvement of R&I (Research and Innovation) and Operations (including Product Development, Supply Chain and Manufacturing organizations).
Key job accountabilities
• Manage the strategy, sourcing and contracting of a portfolio of Raw Material Categories, within the Americas Zone, by applying the purchasing methodology of L’Oreal.
• Document and communicate strategies to the Global Purchasing organization and key Business stakeholders to ensure success in growth and launch execution
• Manage the economic performance:
o Lead Internal and External Benchmarking
o Construct and Lead cost reduction projects (negotiations, value analysis, etc.) accordingly to the steps of the RM Purchasing Road Map with a focus on quality, logistics service, cost containment and process improvement
• Meet or exceed the annual financial commitment through negotiation and project implementation
• Manage the supplier performance through SRM program: Quality, Supply, Competitiveness, Innovation, Sustainability
• Ensure continuous improvement of supplier performance
• Lead the process of identifying, selecting and developing new suppliers
• Keep a sound and ethical relationship with all suppliers. Motivate suppliers to treat L’Oreal as preferred customer regarding service levels and introduction of innovative materials
• Identify risks and develop mitigation plans
• Support Americas’ manufacturing sites in the resolution of recurrent supplier quality or service issues
• Develop a strong relationship with R&I and Marketing to understand consumers’ needs. Translate needs into business opportunities for “best-in-class” suppliers in order to foster accessible innovation and ensure optimal time to market.
Qualifications and Educational Background
BS/BA Degree in relative fields (Business, Engineering, Finance), MBA preferable
3 to 5 years of experience in Purchasing
Self-starter with high level of curiosity able to investigate new purchasing opportunities
Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work independently
Excellent written and oral communication skills
High degree of financial and analytical skills
Exceptional computer Skills including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
Foreign language proficiency a plus (Spanish, Portuguese, French)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products.
Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with a...