Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior QA Engineer with strong Web and SQL testing skills to join our Redbox Canada QA team. This person will split time between testing Redbox frontend and backend rental systems. This position will include test planning, test case development and manual testing. This role is a demanding, highly dynamic, technically challenging position. You must be a top-notch quality assurance analyst – and also is detail oriented, flexible, eager to learn, and committed to becoming an integral part of our QA team.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
- Work directly with the team of testing specialists on assigned projects.
- Use the Agile Project Management tool to determine the Stories and derive the test details.
- Prepare and Maintain the Test strategy, test design, test cases, and traceability for applications under test.
- Responsible for the full life-cycle of the test phase of a project from its kick off until delivery and readiness to be deployed to Production
- Perform test task estimation, test execution, regression testing, and functional testing.
- Work with the teams closely to progress the testing toward realistic achievable milestones.
- Escalate information as deemed necessary and provide regular status reports on the same.
- Testing features and defect fixes to new and existing backend web services
- Create and execute manual tests, document testing practices, and communicate results/recommendations to team and management.
- Works with other IT and technology teams to refine technical specifications for test analysis and quality assurance.
- Effectively communicate with developers and other QA engineers and understand effectively how the business works with the associated data.
- Actively participate in team processes and use of methodologies, including customized flavors of Agile
- Follow all established Redbox QA policies and procedures
Education and Experience:
- Familiarity with Testing in Agile software development methodology or a good mix of various fast paced models
- Expert in the Test definition, test design, test documentation, test execution, test coverage traceability and the test process
- Experience in testing of Web based application including data verification using SQL
- Strong SQL query building skills
- Ability to design and execute test scripts and plans for functionality, integration, regression and UAT testing processes
- Excellent Documentation skills from a technical and Analytical set of documentation scope related to the testing team and its efforts
- Experience working with Agile Project Management tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and a great team player
- Must demonstrate ability to multi task and able to handle multiple priorities at the same time without compromising on Quality
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience with 3 + years of testing of web based applications including data validation using SQL
Redbox - 14 months ago
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...