The Senior Quality Engineer develops, implements and maintains technical quality assurance, control systems and activities. Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the product to established standards and customer specifications. Provides advanced product quality planning support to the new product process and provides quality leadership and training to employees throughout the Entegris organization. Requires little or no supervision to complete all duties and responsibilities.
Product and Process Support
Technical Expertise and Training
- Leads 8D Problem Solving Teams in the failure analysis, root cause investigation and corrective and preventative action activities for manufacturing defect and customer complaint resolution. Ensures closure of corrective actions within timing goals.
- Participates as a team member on New Product Development Teams (development of FMEA and Control Plans, data collection and analysis, etc.).
- Participates in “Release to Manufacturing” efforts with a focus towards achieving all defined quality performance goals.
- Authors and analyzes the results of validation and qualification protocols for products, processes and equipment.
- Accurately generates, analyzes and reports on the levels of product quality within the assigned manufacturing areas, including Pareto, Statistical Process Control and Process Capability Studies.
- Participates in continuous improvement (Black Belt projects) within assigned manufacturing areas.
- Develops, analyzes and reports statistical data, relative to quality systems performance and implementation, ensuring customer expectations are maintained.
- Supports and maintains failure analysis process, ensuring feedback and corrective actioncommunication and implementation is consistent with customer expectations
- Participates in material disposition decisions and reviews the status of blocked stock materials for the timely implementation of material disposition decisions.
- Is responsible for conducting gauge R&R activities and the development and implementation of improvements to meet measurement system performance specifications.
- Leads 6S activities in all assigned manufacturing areas.
- Must have extensive experience with supplier quality and statistics.
- Provides training, guidance, leadership and expertise to the quality and manufacturing organizations through application of methods for quality assurance and control, statistical tools, software, data capture and analysis for performance measurement and improvement.
- Recommends and implements quality procedural and quality process improvements.
Documentation and Audits
- Leads projects and ensures all internal and external stakeholder requirements are met.
- Develops and updates product development plans and schedules.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of project documentation.
- Holds project team members accountable for timely completion of assigned tasks and activities.
- Authors and/or reviews Standard Operating Processes, work instructions, test specification, and other documents for accuracy.
- Follows and ensures compliance to departmental procedures.
- Develops and maintains audit functions (product, process and operating system) ensuring quality systems and products are consistent with internal documentation, standards and customer requirements.
- Selects, develops and coaches quality technician or engineering personnel to ensure job responsibilities and quality projects are completed to all standards and within timing goals.
- Provides recognition to employees. Addresses issues with employees with supportive documentation.
- Adheres to Company policies, procedures and applicable budget requirements.
- Conducts timely employee performance reviews.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field; minimum 8 years progressive quality engineering experience; expert knowledge and experience with implementing Six Sigma, Statistical Process Controls, FMEA, process audits and other proactive quality management practices; strong project management and leadership skills with an ability to collaborate with cross functional departments such as R&D, Product Management and Process Engineering; strong Microsoft Office and ERP systems skills (SAP strongly desired/required). ASQ Certified Engineer or Auditor preferred; Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Manufacturing certification or experience also desirable.
Entegris - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
In this increasingly complex world of advanced high-tech manufacturing, materials science matters. It is the base for innovations that...