Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Graybar is a leader in the distribution of electrical, telecommunications, and networking products and an expert provider of related supply chain management and logistics services. As one of the largest employee-owned companies in North America, Graybar offers exciting career opportunities and an environment energized by a history of teamwork, innovation and continuous success. This is your chance to join a Fortune 500 company with a 140-year history of entrepreneurial innovation and a philosophy of "promote from within." Join our team and let Graybar work to YOUR advantage!
- Prepare cost estimates of materials requested by Sales, Customer Service Representatives, Stock Maintenance, and appropriate management.
- Compile bill of materials, utilizing knowledge of products to be manufactured.
- Itemize tools, fixtures, or equipment to be manufactured by company or purchased from outside sources.
- Contact manufacturers, factories, and representatives to obtain best-cost information when necessary.
- Compute cost estimates for materials, price escalation, and abnormal freight charges.
- Compare manufacturer's bill of material to determine and price any differences for complete comparisons.
- Correlate all cost information within time frame of bid date and time needed by contractors, sales personnel, and appropriate management.
- Assist others in Quotation Department in price quoting and perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Previous quotations experience preferred.
Knowledge: Broad knowledge of product line and pricing. Ability to deal with customers and factory representatives to obtain pricing information and their cooperation. Working knowledge of Excel. Good math skills. Good communication and organization skills.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE
8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday; Some overtime required
(Note: The normal work schedule may vary depending on location.)
At Graybar, our advantages and benefits revolve around our motto of "Plan Well, Invest Well, Live Well". Our advantages help you plan well for the future by offering flexible spending accounts, long-term care insurance, and life insurance and disability benefits. Employees can invest well with retirement saving tools such as a profit sharing plan, a defined benefit pension plan, a 401(k) plan and an employee stock purchase plan. Graybar's benefits package helps you live well with a comprehensive health care package including medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans. We also offer paid vacation time and holidays.
As an employee-owner, you'll be proud to call Graybar YOUR company!
Graybar is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Monster - 13 months ago
There's no gray area when it comes to Graybar Electric: it's one of the largest distributors of electrical products in the US. The...