Olympus Surgical Technologies of America (OSTA) is a dynamic medical device company whose vision is to anticipate the needs of surgeons through powerful see and treat procedure solutions that are safe, simple, cost efficient and produce the highest quality patient outcomes. Olympus Surgical Technologies of America (OSTA) is focused on Minimally Invasive procedures in Urology, Gynecology, General Surgery and ENT. Olympus Surgical Technologies of America (OSTA), believes its people are its greatest asset. We offer an environment that challenges everyone to grow, contribute, excel and share successes. Olympus Surgical Technologies of America (OSTA) is committed to creating a world class company with world class people.
Southborough, MA - The Sr R&D Technician will co-facilitate in the design, build with independence, and lead in the testing of medical device prototypes and the testing of existing medical devices including imaging devices, other medical instruments, and test fixtures. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Plan, execute, analyze, and report medical device testing.
* Develop and write test protocols and reports.
* Direct and organize other Technicians as well as Engineering Co-Op Students in testing and analysis activities.
* Partner with Engineering staff in the development of test and assembly fixtures and recommend and use appropriate test equipment.
* Train Engineering staff in the use of test and assembly fixtures and test equipment.
* Lead the planning and organization direction of R&D Technicians and/or Co-Op students in design and build of new test or assembly fixtures and/or tooling and repair or upgrade of existing fixtures.
* Manage Electro-Mechanical assembly of R&D prototypes to specification (Mechanical & Electrical).
* Manage Opto-Mechanical assembly of R&D prototypes to specification (Mechanical & Optical).
* Assemble and test system level and report generation.
* Create, read, and take direction from detailed design drawings, especially test and assembly fixtures.
* Plan and facilitate procurement of materials and tools necessary for test or build activities.
* Take precise measurements of all components parts.
* Provide design input on rework and modification of products; rework/modify products to achieve proper function.
* Transfer or assist in the transfer of development products to production.
* Plan, organize, train, and direct other Technicians and Co-Op Students in testing, analysis, building, and repair activities.
* Specify or recommend personnel requirements for testing, analysis, building, and repair activities; participate in the interview process to obtain proper personnel for these activities.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* An Associate's Degree in Engineering or equivalent is required; a Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
* A minimum of 8 years of experience designing test, tool, and assembly fixtures and complex electromechanical testing and assembly is required.
* Medical Device experience is preferred.
* Strong technical writing skills are essential.
* Must have good manual dexterity and the ability to operate electromechanical measurement/test equipment and prototype tool/fixtures.
* Must have the ability to research, design, and/or recommend electromechanical measurement/test equipment and prototype tool/fixtures.
* Must be able to create, read, and properly interpret Engineering drawings and take technical instruction from co-workers, supervisors, and other professional personnel.
* Must have the ability to plan, schedule, train, recommend, and direct peers and subordinate technical personnel in testing, assembly, repair, and analysis of medical devices.
* The following physical demands are required:
-Lift/Carry 25 pounds
-Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
-Bend/Stoop/Kneel 2 hours a day
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
* The following work environment conditions exist:
-Infectious Disease Exposure
Olympus - 8 months ago
Gyrus ACMI allows surgeons to see better and do less tissue damage to their patients. A subsidiary of Olympus, the company makes medical...