Brief team overview:
These positions will be within a research, development and innovation team in Exploration located in Houston interfacing with GoM operations
The team also works with generic problems associated with international operations
Statoil is looking for research geoscientists in the field of integrated pore pressure prediction using multi-disciplinary approaches involving rock physics, basin modeling, rock mechanics and seismic methods
The team exchanges technology development and personnel with research teams in similar disciplines in Norway
- MS degree in a relevant discipline
- Five + years oil and gas industry experience as applied research and development in one or more of the areas listed above
- Additional desirable technical skills/experience:
- PhD in geosciences (geology, rock physics, geophysics) or other relevant discipline
- Deepwater Gulf of Mexico experience is preferred
- 10 + years of oil and gas industry experience is preferred
- Good to excellent knowledge and experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Rock physics, in particular stress, pore pressure, seismic properties and rock strength prediction methods
- Rock mechanics and geo-mechanics
- Geology and basin modeling, with particular focus on temperature and stress modeling
- General seismic modeling and analysis including rock property inversion, in particular local wellbore area
- Software, Petrel, Matlab, developing codes, comfortable with FEM software like Abaqus
Statoil offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Statoil is an equal opportunity employer.
- Successful applicants for these positions will also have the following personal qualities:
- Have a strong team spirit
- Curiosity driven nature
- Willing to challenge accepted truths
- Able to work in a diverse environment - multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, open to diverse technical concepts and viewpoints and able to work across multiple time zones
- Capacity to learn and share - RDI is a learning environment with researchers who not only have a capacity to learn new concepts and disciplines but will share their expertise with others
- Strong business mindset - want to generate research results that will have impact for Statoil. Of high importance is the ability to keep a clear business focus - making decisions, and technical recommendations with a business mindset and prioritizing work accordingly
- Excellent and open communication skills across disciplines
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
Statoil - 14 months ago
Statoil ASA (Statoil), formerly StatoilHydro ASA is an integrated energy company based in Norway with locations in approximately 40 other...