Sr SQL Database Administrator (Job Number: 009299) |
Responsible for logical and physical database design. Responsible for mapping logical data models to physical database table designs. Responsible for designing, implementing and managing large mission critical databases to meet established service levels.
- Produces and documents conceptual, logical, and physical database design.
- Establishes and documents management maintenance procedures.
- Works with both technical and business stakeholders to understand the database needs for projects. Attend requirement sessions when necessary, communicating any concerns to project leadership.
- Assists development teams and data architects in query design and query performance tuning.
- Makes recommendations and assess proposals for database and database query optimization.
- Reviews and assesses proposals requesting changes or upgrades to the existing databases.
- Reviews project database to ensure that they are built in-line with the stated design.
- Translates technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and resources staff.
- Manages assigned databases to established service levels and ensure they comply with documented standards and policies.
- Available on call 24/7 as required by pager rotation schedule.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of IT experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of IT experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in either database administration or database design.
- At least 2 years of experience with data modeling.
- At least 5 years of experience collaborating with (internal and external resources) to perform proactive capacity planning or define solutions to meet SLA targets.
- At least 5 years of experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex problems pertaining to data infrastructure.
- Advanced level skill with database management tools, methodologies, and technologies, managing complex database environments for transactional or business analytics functions. Expertise to be demonstrated through articulate ability to design and explain the benefits and limitations of different architecture and procedural solutions for such requirements as disaster recovery, high availability, clustering, virtualization, backup and replication techniques to achieve RPO (recovery point objective) and RTO (recovery time objective).
- Experience in communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, documenting client specifications) to all levels of employees and stakeholders.
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or Business.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and experience working in ITIL based service organization
- Knowledge of WAG applications (dependent on BU).
- Knowledge of various industry regulations such as HIPAA, PCI, PHI, SOX and how they pertain to the database domain.
Walgreens - 2 years ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...