Performs assigned activities within the country that lead to start-up of investigative sites in all phases of clinical trials. Responsible for providing delivery and expertise in one or more of the following functional areas: investigator site contracts, ethics and regulatory submissions, and review and finalization of essential documents required for site initiation. Ensures local activities are undertaken in accordance with agreed timelines, allocated budgets, and required quality standards. Ensures an efficient start-up process on assigned studies. At a project and local level, may act as Site Start-up Lead (SSUL). May act as main contact with Regulatory Authorities (RA) and Central/Regional Ethics Committees (ECs). Under the direction of the Project Manager (PM) or SSUL as appropriate, may directly interact with Customers when receive requirements from RA or other local regulatory party. Accountable to the PSUL at the project level and line manager for deliverables.May act as the Country Start-Up Advisor (CSA) or as a line manager for less experienced staff. At a project level, may act as SSUL for local or regional studies.
1. General - Assumes responsibility on quality deliverables at the country level; follows project requirements and applicable country rules. Forecasts submission/approval timelines and ensures they are complied; if forecasted timelines are not reached: provides clear rationale for delays, provides contingency plan to mitigate impact, and escalates the issue as soon as identified. Monitors basic financial aspects of the project and the number of hours/tasks available per contract; escalates discrepancies in a timely fashion. Reviews Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WI) in a timely manner and keeps training records updated accordingly. Ensures continuous improvement of quality in all Site Start-Up (SSU) components at the country level where assigned (submissions, essential document collection, communication to Competent Authorities and ECs, etc.).
Responsible for one or more of the following functions at the country level:
2. Local Submissions Specialist - Follows the project direction and expertise provided by the designated country start-up advisor (CSA) and PM/SSUL. May serve as the primary point of contact for the PM/SSUL (or designee) during start-up on allocated projects. Reviews essential document packages for site activation and may also be involved in essential document collection from site. Prepares and submits Central EC Applications, Local EC Applications, RA Applications, and other local regulatory authorities or hospital approval submissions as required. Prepares ongoing submissions, amendments, and periodic notifications required by central and local EC and RA, and other local regulatory authorities as needed within the country; includes safety notifications as required by local rules.
3. Country Start-Up Advisor - Acts as Subject Matter Advisor for in-country performance within the Site Start-Up. Provides country-level intelligence on start-up (SU) and clinical trial regulatory (CTR). Ensures that local country regulatory intelligence, as it pertains to the activities of the local SU and CTR team, is maintained on the central repository, e.g., Competent Authority submissions, EC submissions, notifications to data protection authorities, notifications/applications to any other local/federal/national body, and import/export license applications where these are obtained with RA applications. In absence of legal advisor or dedicated staff responsible for data protection at the country, provides clear data protection compliance guidance at a country level on data protection statements that need to be included on those documents which the Sponsor has contracted to the Company start-up group to adapt to local requirements. This will typically include the Principal Investigator/Informed Consent and the Confidential Disclosure Agreement/contract template. Provides input in local SOPs and WI. Support for the creation of internal training materials on for local legislation requirements. Provides input to the team to assist with EC or CA issue resolution at the country level.
4. Local Site ID and Feasibility Support - Works with site selection lead and PM/SSUL to ensure that the appropriate sites are selected for individual studies based on the requirements of the clinical trial. Produces site-specific contracts from country template. Submits proposed contract and budget for site.
5. Local Investigator Contract and Budget Negotiator - Works with contracts lead to agree on site-specific country template contract and budget. Produces site-specific contracts from country template. Submits proposed contract and budget for site. Negotiates budget and contract with site and via contracts lead with Sponsor until resolution of issues and contract execution.
6. Line management responsibilities -May participate and direct activities related to department staff operations, such as interviewing and selection, professional development, performance management, and employee counseling and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, interviewing and selection, terminations, professional development, performance appraisals, job description preparation, and employee counseling. Works with and advises staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
Skills & Attributes
BA/BS degree in the science/health care field, legal degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Moderate clinical research or related experience. Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert knowledge of the overall drug development process with ability to present at Customer meetings. Thorough knowledge of local regulatory requirements/guidelines, such as Code of Federal Regulations and European Union Directive. Thorough clinical development and clinical research knowledge. Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in both local and English language. Good leadership skills. Good record retention and customer service skills. Proficient in the use of computer and software systems (e.g., Excel). Ability to successfully support internal and external customers. Ability to develop, organize, and manage multiple tasks. Ability to work independently.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract.
Occasionally required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
INC Research is an EEO, M/F/D/V and a drug-free workplace. INC Research voluntarily participates in the federal E-Verify work authorization program.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
INC Research is a company headquartered in the United States and that the personal information collected on its websites may be sent to, stored or processed in the United States or to any other country in which INC Research or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. While INC Research is committed to providing your voluntarily disclosed employment application information with a reasonable level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. By using the INC Research website and/or providing INC Research with personal identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer and the collection and processing of such information in the United States.
INC Research - 11 months ago
INC Research is not fazed by the four phases a new drug has to go through to get from idea stage to commericial adoption. The contract...