Enbridge Energy Company, Inc, a leader in crude and natural gas transportation, gathering, and processing, has an immediate need for a Sr. Safety Coordinator in its Houston, TX office. This incumbent will oversee Health and Safety Compliance in all disciplines of various Enbridge GT assets to include, but not limited to assets in Offshore, TX, OK, ND, MS, IL, IN, MI, LA, and Canada.
- Manage OSHA, FRA, and SEMS federal and state regulatory compliance issues (US) / OHS (Canada)
- Provide safety support for incident investigations, documentation and reporting of job related injuries, illness and incidents.
- Support implementation of incident data management system and regulatory compliance system
- Participate and support compliance in the company’s Health and Safety Program
- Coordinate employee training in accordance with regulatory and company policies
- Support conformance and understanding of H&S initiatives and promoting safety awareness
- Participate in internal EH&S multi-media assessment teams
- Responsible for determining the applicability of current and pending federal, state and local HS regulations.
- Provide support during emergency response, area exercises, tabletop exercises, by actively assuming the role of safety officer within the Incident Command System.
- Visit field locations to include (but not limited to) offshore, pipeline, railcar, treating and processing plants, compressor stations, dehydration stations, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
- 8+ years Health and Safety work in the oil and gas industry
- Four-year degree or advanced degree in Occupational Safety or related field. CSP is a plus.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, FRA, and SEMS regulatory process and various State (TX, OK, ND, MS, IL, IN, MI, and LA.) agencies
- Ability to research, interpret and apply Canadian OHS regulations
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to obtain a passport and travel into Canada
- Other qualifications include the ability to comprehend diverse regulatory, scientific and technical issues, and the ability to communicate, orally and written, to a wide variety of people, including employees, management, regulatory agencies, and the public. Must be able to work independently and also to coordinate and manage activities requiring the use of safety consultants or contractors. Travel required.
- Approximately 60% Office Environment; 40% travel to Site Facilities and Operational Meetings.
- On call to respond onsite to emergency situations while remaining calm and focused during emergency action plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We appreciate your interest in Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. However, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Enbridge participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Enbridge Energy Company, Inc.
Please note that Enbridge only accepts applications submitted via our online recruiting system. Individuals with disabilities who are unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at 832-214-9263 or by email at USHumanResources@enbridge.com . This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as a result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes. Thank you for considering Enbridge for your next career opportunity.
Enbridge - 10 months ago
Head of the class in transporting petroleum around the Great Lakes is Enbridge Energy Partners, which owns the 1,900-mile US portion...