The Sr Sequencing Applications scientist will be the key evangelist for communicating standard and novel applications on Illumina’s sequencing platforms to a broader audience. The role will include significant customer collaborative and educational aspects. Will require collaboration with thought leaders to enable novel implementations of sequencing applications to drive greater diversity of applications on our platforms and to bring high-value commercialization opportunities in-house. Will implement effective education strategies for naïve users of sequencing technology. The job will require effective interfacing with Illumina scientists, the Illumina training organization, product marketing, scientific affairs and technical writers as well as with customers and prospects.
• Communicate the effectiveness of current applications as well as the identify novel applications for Illumina sequencing.
Influence pre- and post-sales effectiveness by creating and presenting application specific educational materials (tutorials, presentations, multimedia) to the sales organization and to customers.
• Identifying and delivering on key customer collaborations to generate high value publications and enable the development of novel applications.
• Collaborate with Product Management in defining application workflows (from sample to report) for standard and novel sequencing applications.
Work closely with Product Management to enable pre- and post-product launch activities (beta test, early access).
• Collaborate with the field sales and support organization to effectively communicate the high value that NGS brings to customers research activities.
• Develop an application roadmap for above applications, including development of strategies that maximize adoption of these applications on Illumina sequencing platforms..
Serve as an effective bridge between customers and with Illumina R&D, the training organization and content developers.
• This is a key role that would strengthen Illumina’s connection with sequencing customers by working with them on applications that have high relevance to this broadening customer base (research, applied, clinical). This role would help expand the presence of Illumina in high profile research activities (such as a strong presence on TCGA, research consortia, conference organizing committees, etc.) by formalizing collaborations. Benefits from enabling our sales organization with effective applications sales tools and by working with customers and prospects to address applications specific concerns can also not be underestimated. The ability to provide a direct pipeline from customer innovations will enhance our product developmental activities and provide us with a rich portfolio of applications.
Education & Experience:
The ideal candidate thoroughly understand the needs for current next generation sequencing applications with 4+ years direct hands-on experience with sequencing workflows. The candidate is a highly effective communicator to a diverse audience (researchers, clinicians, experts and inexperienced users). Product management or commercial experience will be of high value. A PhD in a molecular biology or associated field is highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 4 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze genes. Its syst...