Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle and the new Kindle Fire. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
As a Linux Kernel Software Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
You will work closely with the hardware, ops, user-space, and QA teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Linux Kernel team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, low-power, stable platform.
· Implement high-quality drivers.
· Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers to our needs.
· Implement power-management features.
· Improve memory footprint of drivers.
· Optimize driver code.
· Provide testing facilities.
· Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware.
· Work with the user-space teams to ensure an adequate level of functionality and reporting.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
· 7+ years experience doing hands-on software development, with 3+ years’ experience writing Linux kernel (.drivers or core) code.
· Knowledge of one or more specific technical areas such as USB, audio, framebuffer, filesystems, system performance, wireless devices.
· Understanding of embedded development constraints.
· Data analysis and debugging skills.
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Linux on ARM CPUs a plus.
· JTAG experience a plus.
· Bootloader experience a plus.
· Shell scripting experience a plus.
Ability to occasionally travel internationally.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
Lab126 - 2 years ago