Primary Responsibility: As a key contributor to one or more highly interactive agile teams the incumbent in this position will participate in daily scrums, contribute to the forecasting and sizing of efforts, deliver working software to the definition of done and perform peer code reviews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate in a test driven development environment utilizing continuous integration and other software engineering best practices.
- May be required to be on call for the support of systems constructed or are familiar with.
- Required to work as part of a team of business users, creative design staff and individuals in development-related technical disciplines.
- Provide expert opinions and recommendations and function within the structure of the larger team and focus on organizational goals.
- Produce documentation/artifacts in support of each of the above activities.
- Troubleshoot to diagnose problems in production environments.
- Participate in code reviews with internal staff and outsourced development shops as directed by IT management.
- Actively pursue knowledge of new development technologies in the areas of web, mobile, video, social media, and other niches as necessary and advise management on strategies for use of new technologies.
- Mentor other staff members.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar discipline; Minimum seven years’ professional software development experience; Minimum 5 years software development in a team environment; Experience working in content management such as Sharepoint or SiteFinity; Experience developing web experiences for mobile devices and tablets running iOS and Android; And/or training; And/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have an expert understanding of C#, .Net, Entity, and MVC technologies.
- Must have expert understanding of building web UIs using web standards. (jQuery, CSS3, HTML5) and supporting frameworks.
- Comprehensive experience developing in all areas of n-tier systems.
- Must have an eye for good UI design.
- Experience encoding and delivering video for the web is a plus.
- Must have outstanding knowledge of all aspects of software development using Agile methodologies.
- Must possess outstanding skills in core software development competencies such as:
Software Architecture and Design
Application UI Design and prototyping
Unit Testing/Test-driven development
Post-Deployment Production Support
Indeed - 15 months ago