knowledge base (TCP/IP, Apache, Weblogic, JBoss, Oracle Database, MapReduce/Hadoop, Cassandra, J2EE, Web Services, Servlets, JMS, JDBC, XML/XSLT, Solaris, Linux) in support of the deployed product at End Customer’s labs/sites.
- Accept incoming support tickets from End Customers using the CARES (“Customer Assistance Request Entry System”) ticketing system.
- Provide technical advice and guidance via Company's CARES Ticketing system and telephone.
- Use the CARES ticketing system as the mechanism for communicating status updates with End Customers.
- Assist End Customers with problem resolution of complex technical issues by performing problem investigation, root cause analysis, and solution delivery.
- Perform root cause analysis by analyzing product log files, network trace files, database schema and system setup/configuration.
- Provide corrections, workarounds, and best practices to address customer reported issues and or questions.
- For Severity Levels 1, 2, and 3 restore maintained products to operational status by identifying defects or providing software and/or procedural workarounds, where feasible.
- Assist End Customers with upgrades to the latest versions of software.
- Provides immediate assistance for emergency and urgent issues are reported by End Customers.
- Provide response, restore, and resolution to problems while adhering to End Customer service level agreements.
- Participate in pager rotation after hours towards handling emergency call out for End Customer issues.
- Prepares Assistance Requests (AR) for escalation to Product teams L3 for further escalation if unable to solve a problem.
- Completes outage reports and Root Cause Analysis documentation.
- Create technical methods of procedures for End Customers towards applying a solution or workaround to a problem.
- Create, maintain and utilize a lab environment for reproducing, simulating, analyzing, testing, and resolving customer problems.
- Document and log all contacts and actions into CARES ticketing system.
- Provide an action plan for each problem, detailing next contact time, action items towards resolution, request for diagnostic information, and current status.
- Use various tools and knowledge databases available to assist in the troubleshooting process.
- Weekly status reports summarizing customer issues including but not limited to: Customer Name, Product name, Issue Summary, Progress already made towards resolution, next steps towards resolution, root cause analysis, solution delivered. Include ticket state (Open, Closed, In Progress, Pending)
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -