Make an impact in a small growing business unit supporting aerospace and defense industries. Esterline Control Systems / BVR in Rockford Illinois is seeking a Software Quality Engineer with DO-178B/DO-254 experience. This role will have opportunity to enhance the software quality function and will be relied on as the business unit expert in software quality. A subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation, Esterline Control Systems / BVR is able to provide the support of a large organization with the ability to realize and recognize the impact of your efforts.
Sr. Software Quality Engineer, Esterline Control Systems | BVR Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control Systems | BVR Technologies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, specializes in industry-leading avionics computers for commercial and military aircraft, as well as specialized motion-control products for aerospace, medical, and industrial automation. Esterline Control Systems platform is comprised of four wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline which provide complementary control product and service brands that are benchmarks in their markets.
Company Name: Esterline Control Systems | BVR Technologies, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 115
Title: Sr. Software Quality Engineer
Job Family: Quality
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Works with: Senior staff, mid-level managers and supervisors, BVR employees, customers and ECS Platform employees
Location: Rockford, IL
The primary role of the Sr. Software Quality Engineer is to provide quality assurance direction and leadership in all aspects of software quality systems. Works with minimal supervision, and often independently, with customers and internal departments to ensure software requirements are met.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the software quality system in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Analyze and interpret internal and external customer requirements.
- Interface directly with customers building credible rapport by addressing their concerns with minimal direct supervision.
- Recommend process improvements to reduce project risks.
- Participate in development, program and certification reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, SOI, etc) as lead software quality representative.
- Proactively audits software programs during the design and development processes. Document results providing timely feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for creation of documents and work instructions in accordance with AS9100, DO-178B, and DO-254 for manufacturing and development.
- Coordinate and support software audits with suppliers and customers.
- Attend and contribute to internal hardware/software design review meetings.
- Review and approve software documentation.
- Works with other departments to complete Defective Material Reports and Problem Reports.
- Coordinate software related root cause and corrective action with manufacturing and engineering as required to support timely resolutions of issues.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline's ethics and business conduct policies
- Thorough knowledge of DO-178B development standard and familiarity with FAA requirements
- Familiarity with DO-254 development standard
- Experience in software flow-down requirements and requirements based verification
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with other departments and co-workers
- Ability to become DER qualified in support of TSO submittals and approvals
- Familiarity with AS9100 quality system, root cause analysis methodologies, code writing experience and Lean methodologies highly desired.
Skilled in Esterline competencies for employees; Customer focus, Ethics and values, Problem Solving, Integrity and Trust, Functional/Technical skills, Listening, Action-oriented, Composure, and Values Diversity
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
Job Location Rockford, Illinois, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field.
- Minimum 8+ years in software quality assurance or related experience
- ASQ certified Software Quality Engineer highly preferred.