We're a global team looking for the best talent - no matter where they are. This job has the option of working from either our Cambridge, MA or Santa Barbara, CA office. For the right individual, Sonos will offer relocation reimbursement to either office.
Job Title: Sr Software Test Engineer, Platform
Location: Cambridge, MA or Santa Barbara, CA
S tatus : Full time
At Sonos, we are passionate about creating and delivering the finest HiFi audio systems in the world to our customers. Our products stream all the music on earth,
in every room, wirelessly, and you control it all from the palm of your hand. It’s easy to use, but keeping things simple and bug free is hard work. The problems are complex and the
solutions must be elegant.
Sonos needs high-energy, innovative leaders to help fuel our rocketing success. We are setting new standards for the audio industry and reshaping the way consumers engage with music. As a Senior Software Test Engineer on our Platform team, you will be responsible for developing effective test plans and test automation across our family of audio products. This will require collaboration with your partners in Dev and Test to help define and execute the test strategies and tactics, including automation at the API and system levels. In addition, you will work with a team of industry-leading innovators across fields such as acoustics, mechanical engineering, software, hardware, RF, and user experience. If you love music, solving challenging problems and delivering high-quality products, we want to talk with you!
- Collaborate with the Platform team to deliver features that are completed and ready at the end of each sprint.
- Review requirements, behavior specifications, and design documents to begin test development early and uncover issues prior to implementation
- Create and execute API and feature-level test plans Document all tests and procedures
- Define and develop test automation to improve testing efficiency and coverage
- Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior test engineers
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related experience
- At least 4 years of Software Testing
- Solid understanding of IP and Wireless networking
- Demonstrated experience with packet sniffers and network traffic analysis
- Demonstrated experience developing/maintaining/automating regression test suites/programs in Python, Java or C/C++
- Demonstrated proficiency with Linux/Unix operating systems
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment preferred but not required