Performs specialized, complex work to assist in the organization and implementation of various projects and programs. Work is performed under supervision within established guidelines with performance based on overall results obtained.
• Insures the safety of the University Libraries users and staff and the security of the Libraries’ building, following established procedures and policies under the direction of the Circulation Manager.
• Performs responsibilities of securing and opening/closing of the Libraries’ building.
• Supervises, trains, and evaluates student assistants at the service desks.
• Maintains high standards for Service Plus interactions with library staff and patrons.
• Maintains unit workflow.
• Maintains high levels of accuracy and reliability of information.
Work schedule varies; normal working hours 5:00 pm – 2:00 am.
• Other duties as assigned.
High school plus five years experience. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
This is a Security Sensitive Level II Position: Applications for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted. Applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing after a conditional offer of employment has been extended but before employment can be confirmed. The offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate passing the drug test. Employees in Level II positions are subject to a post-accident drug testing.
Microsoft Office, TTU Library website, Library databases, supervisory experience, customer service skills.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Sit, Stand, Walk or Move About, Drive, Bend, Stoop or Twist, Climb Ladders or Step Stools, Stairs, Rreach Outward, Above, and Below Shoulder, Squat, Crouch, Kneel, or Crawl, Lift or Carry up to 25 lbs.
Hourly Pay Range
11.45 - 16.28
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 18 months ago