We are seeking a Sr. Staff Engineer (Controls) to provide technical expertise in the form of project identification, development and management. This position will provide Engineering support toward the design, development, installation, startup, validation and maintenance of products, processes and equipment as well as provide technical know-how within the Controls Engineering field.
1. Research, develop and prepare specifications for improvements to existing and/or new products, processes, equipment, and technology.
2. Support projects by contributing to the development of project schedules, teams, tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting team meetings, and communicating issues and progress to management.
3. Provide technical line support to increase equipment uptime and reduction of downtime.
4. Work closely with maintenance personnel to provide training and assist in troubleshooting of equipment.
5. Prepare RCI’s including project description, schedule and costs.
6. Supervise and direct contract personnel and outside vendors in the performance of contracted services.
7. Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates within the Engineering organization.
8. Provide direction and technical decision making for management involving capital asset purchases and expenses for projects and/or strategic activities involving up to $5MM (capital/expense/revenue potentials).
9. Prepare and present technical investigative reports to middle level management.
10. Moderate degree of both internal and external personnel interfaces.
11. Preparation of specifications and protocols for the development, testing and qualification of equipment, processes and products.
12. Communicate both verbally and written, project activities to supervisor.
Qualified candidates must possess a BS degree with at least 6-7 years experience in an Automation Controls Engineering position. Candidates must have demonstrated knowledge within the controls and automation field, specifically, controls systems electrical design, and PLC/HMI software design. Candidates must have experience with generation of specification and design documentation, equipment procurement, vendor management, design development and testing, acceptance testing and commissioning. In addition, candidates must be able to analyze, investigate and propose approaches to technical challenges relating to equipment automation controls; have effective communication skills, both verbal and written; and have the willingness to work in a team environment with Self Directed Work Teams operating on the manufacturing floor. It is desired that candidates have experience in a Pharmaceutical or similar FDA regulated industry.
B.Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, company sponsored pension, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com An affirmative action - equal opportunity employer.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Aesculap - 19 months ago