Serves as the Lead Statistical Programmer for projects of any complexity; coordinates the efforts of other programming personnel. Assists in managing project budgets and tracking project specific performance metrics. Functions as an internal and external customer liaison. Participates in the programming and quality control of mapped and analysis datasets, tables, listings, and figures and other programming activities as assigned
1. Uses SAS software (BASE, STAT, GRAPH, MACRO) for the production of well formatted datasets, tables, listings, and figures, and outputs requested (e.g., patient profiles) per programming specifications, Statistical Analysis Plan, and other study related documentation.
2. Performs Quality Control to ensure that outputs meet quality standards and project requirements. Works with Programmer, Biostatistician, and other project team members to resolve discrepancies or any findings.
3. Develops specifications and mock-up display for outputs of any complexity according to statistical and sponsor requirement. Anticipates and addresses potential programming issues, reflects forethought, establishes the basis for efficient programming, accurately defines all variables to be accepted by peer review and sponsor/requestor with little rework
4. As the Lead Statistical Programmer, directs the programming activities of other programming personnel, and monitors progress on programming deliverables.
5. Reviews project documentation such as Statistical Analysis Plan, mock shells, programming specifications, annotated CRFs, and SAS database design, and provides feedback to the appropriate project team members which reflects forethought and reduces inefficiencies in programming activities.
6. Participates in sponsor meetings, kickoff meetings, and bid defense meetings as Statistical Programming representative, as required by sponsor.
7. Negotiates and establishes accurate time estimates for completion of study programming activities with internal team members and Statistical Programming management and completes project programming activities within timeframe allotted.
8. Manages scheduling and time constraints across multiple projects, sets goals based on priorities from management, and adapts to timeline or priority changes by reorganizing daily workload. Keeps project team members informed of programming progress and issues requiring their attention.
9. Conducts effective internal meetings appropriate in format, frequency and attendees, distributes relevant information in advance, ensures minutes are promptly and accurately distributed, follows action items through to completion, and maintains order and focus of meeting and works towards consensus.
10. Maintains well organized, complete, and up-to-date project documentation, testing, and validation/quality control documents and programs in compliance with Company and sponsor standards.
11. Contributes to the mentoring of programming personnel through developing training courses, presenting training materials, reviewing work, and providing feedback or guiding new associates in processes.
12. Displays willingness to work with others and assist with projects and initiatives as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Skills & Attributes
BS, MS, or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field. Extensive experience in SAS programming or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with clinical trials preferred. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract.
Occasionally required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
INC Research is an EEO, M/F/D/V and a drug-free workplace. INC Research voluntarily participates in the federal E-Verify work authorization program.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
INC Research is a company headquartered in the United States and that the personal information collected on its websites may be sent to, stored or processed in the United States or to any other country in which INC Research or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. While INC Research is committed to providing your voluntarily disclosed employment application information with a reasonable level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. By using the INC Research website and/or providing INC Research with personal identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer and the collection and processing of such information in the United States.
INC Research is not fazed by the four phases a new drug has to go through to get from idea stage to commericial adoption. The contract...