LexisNexis is a software development company concentrated on delivering high quality software solutions to the world that will advance the rule of law world-wide. We are looking for top engineers to join our team and support a rapidly growing cloud based product in our Raleigh office.
This is a great opportunity to work on one of the fastest growing products within LexisNexis in a market with double digit growth. You will drive innovation to support building highly scalable and highly available (Active-Active) services presented by modern Web and mobile technologies. You will use your breadth of experience in software development to create seamless integrations and find creative ways to grow and leverage our Big Data exchange platform.
We are seeking a strong Sr Systems Engineer who is passionate about the infrastructure that supports a key SaaS offering within LexisNexis. You will use your years of experience as a Sr Systems Engineer to support the rapid growth of a world-class SaaS Web application by building out systems that support rapid scaling and high-availability for a fast growing Web application.
As the Sr Systems Engineer your key roles and responsibilities will include:
• Effectively design, develop, and implement operational capabilities, tools, and processes that enable highly available, scalable, and reliable customer experiences.
• Ensure on-going operation of Production systems
• Automate the provisioning, configuration, deployment, and monitoring of our SaaS applications
• Refine and implement policies for security of systems you are responsible for
• Management of Production monitoring and alerting systems
• Effectively respond to production incidents and engage key individuals including vendor support to minimize customer impact
• Manage operational tasks with response and resolution meeting/exceeding the SLA expectations
• Proactively drive monitoring, availability, capacity, performance, etc. and ensure resolution of identified issues
• Develops and maintains monitoring solutions to aid in the rapid notification and resolution of incidents
• Suggest and implement best practices to enhance availability, enable capacity and improve performance of the systems
• Maintenance and installation of ESX, Solaris and Red Hat Linux servers
• Advanced level of experience with Linux server administration and working knowledge of Solaris
• Adept at identifying bottlenecks and root cause for system incidents
• Able to proactively predict what issues will happen with a system and champion the changes needed to avoid an outage
• Excellent knowledge of Virtualization environments, Storage and Network connectivity to the physical/virtual servers
• Good understanding of TCP/IP stack and able to analyze packet captures
• Solid, in-depth technical understanding across all areas of IT infrastructure (Load Balancers, SSL Certs, DNS, etc.)
• Experience with RDBMS and SQL; Sybase ASE in particular
• Experience with VMware ESXi
• Experience with AWS platform
• Advanced Perl and Bash scripting skills
• Solid background in supporting Multi-Data Center Disaster Recovery (SSAE 16 compliant)
• Extensive experience with open source tools (samba, qmail, courier-imap, apache, jboss, openldap, mit-kerberos and mysql)
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
Quarterly 401K Match
Paid Time off
Two Paid Volunteer Days
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
• 5 years of demonstrable Solaris/Linux administration skills
• Strong communication skills with technical audience
• Some on-call weekend and evening (off-hours) work required
This position is part of the LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Technology Organization (GTO), which is responsible for the Legal & Professional global technology strategy, bringing together the company’s applications, product platforms and business systems to deliver LexisNexis world-class content to its customers in innovative ways. GTO is working to transform LexisNexis to leverage technology and processes globally, support new products/ services, and improve the customer experience through effective and efficient delivery of business architecture and strategy.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (
) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of legal research and content-enabled workflow solutions.
LexisNexis consists of two...