Move, Inc. in Westlake Village, CA is currently looking for a talented individual to join our team in the role of Senior Systems Engineer. |
The Senior Systems Engineer should be a seasoned professional with a proven track record of relying on their innovation, creativity, technical prowess and leadership skills to deliver robust, efficient and stable solutions to their clients.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated support and deployment of high availability Windows and Linux enterprise servers in a virtualized environment.
The candidate should be a resource who has demonstrated experience navigating large enterprise environments, marrying complex business requirements to progressive design solutions, and overseeing the transition to production.
The candidate should be highly-motivated, technology driven, possess strong communications skills, can develop strong cross-group collaboration and is willing to take on the challenge of dealing with ambiguity.
Experience in creating and troubleshooting enterprise services that necessitated the understanding of the complex interactions between applications, server operating systems, network protocols, and client configurations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Provide 24/7 (on-call rotation) operational support for production servers and systems
- Drive requirements for automation/tooling needs as well as other cross-functional business priorities including helping define, develop and maintain automation tools and systems within the team
- Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
- Interface with engineering teams to understand code changes, assess risk and ensure best practices for operational tasks
- Develop and implement guidelines for the deployment and management of systems and software
- Provide architectural input and capacity planning strategies to ensure system scalability and functionality
- Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor of Science in Computers or Business related field, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of Unix/Linux Administration experience
- Highly skilled in a at least two typical scripting languages (shell/perl/python/ruby)
- Solid background and experience with automation tools such as Hudson/Jenkins/Bamboo.
- Strong background in Continuous Integration/DevOps environments.
- Strong Experience with web serving in HIGH traffic environment (apache + RoR / PHP)
- Solid experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Run Deck
- Experience with SOLR, MySQL and Postgres a plus
- Good understanding of web publishing tools and multi-tier web applications
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with CDNs (Edgecast, Akamai, etc) a plus
- Strong understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP, and caching strategies at all layers
- Experience with large scale (100+ hosts, 2000+ VMs) VMWare environments
- Experience with server load balancing (hardware/software) desired
- Must have excellent communication skills
Move, Inc. - 16 months ago
Move, Inc., is the leader in online real estate and operator of the Move Network of real estate web sites for consumers and real estate...