Come shape the strategic vision at YP.com. YP Holdings ("YP") is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in North America. YP.com generated approximately $3.3B in revenue in 2011, and there is a controlling interest in YP by an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
We currently have an opportunity for a Sr Technical Analyst, Linux Production Support in our Glendale, CA office. Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace.
- Directly responsible for site reliability, including ensuring scalability for future growth
- Strong platform / infrastructure or DevOps experience
- Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Strong understanding of IP networking, including the ability to analyze network behavior, performance and application issues using standard tools
- Function as a technical generalist responsible for the overall health and performance of our Serving Platforms
- Develop and maintain tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of a large-scale Linux environment
- Perform technology evaluations and testing to introduce new technologies to be adopted and managed within our environment
- Participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today!
- Fluent in Shell, Perl or Ruby
- Fluency with Ruby on Rails, OO development, APIs, DHTML/CSS, AJAX & JQuery a plus
- Strong knowledge of HTTP, CDN, SSL
- Familiarity with version control with Subversion and Github
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Solid working knowledge of Linux
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty, as well as out-of-band requests.
- Problem solving and well organized, strong multitasking abilities
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability
- Experience working with development and system operations (SA, Storage, Network, and Database) teams
- Experience with monitoring, change and release management systems
- Network knowledge of load balancers, DNS, TCP/IP
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- 5+ Years Linux Server Experience
- 3+ Years Production Support, Application Support, Site Reliability Engineer experience
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented
Yellow Pages - 19 months ago
Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide sales...