The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Senior Technical Database Specialist
Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains company databases and associated policies. Implements data models and database designs, resolves database performance and database capacity issues. Performs disaster recovery and other distributed data services consistent with company policies; Installs, upgrades and maintains database and application software and database networking configurations.
1. Technology Knowledge
2. Process Knowledge
- Experience setting company-wide technology strategy across business segments
- Understands technology markets, regulations and implications.
- Expert level experience in VLDB’s, OLAP and OLTP range of RDBMS: Oracle, Sybase and/or DB2.
- Recognized as an expert and internal consultant on specific technologies
- Enhances technology awareness and expertise through professional journals, organizations and networking
3. Operations Knowledge
- Establishes and approves guidelines, methods and standards for analyses, design, maintenance, and implementation of computer systems & platforms
- Develops and implements effective solutions
- Directs the maintenance of integrated systems and projects.
4. Communications Skills
- Responsible for managing all activities related to the development, implementation, and administration of computerized relational databases.
- Establishes and approves security, support, and other operational policies and controls
- Represents Quest Diagnostics with clients and vendors at the senior management level
- Coordinates non-disclosures and market assessments as needed.
- Ensures system reliability, data integrity and customer satisfaction in Quest Diagnostic’s production and test applications.
- Influences/persuades client senior management regarding IT tactics, solutions and plans
- Develops and presents IT mission and objectives to senior management
- Understands main strategies of departments and interdependencies within the organization
- Understands client business structures, longer term objectives and the impact of introducing technologies across the business
6. Influencing (Collaboration and Indirect Supervision)
- Integrates project and resource plans with departmental strategies
- Understands the strategic business plan and how industry and government changes can effect it
- Can apply technology to influence the achievement of the operating units objectives
7. Independent Thinking
- Influences established organizational goals and objectives using a knowledge of the decision making process and networks to favorably impact operating unit results
- Prepares, reviews and approves employee performance evaluations and merit ratings
8. Responsibility Factors
- Works from broad issues and policies
- Independently sets direction and orientation and establishes evaluation criteria
- Consults with senior management on the application of technology to address strategic issues
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Responsible for managing all activities related to the development, implementation, and administration of relational databases.
2. 8-10 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
1. Proficiency experience with Oracle 10g/11g, Oracle RAC, Dataguard
2. Ability to design, implement and support Oracle production databases for high availability, security, manageability and reliability.
3. Ability to design, implement and support high volume transactional databases.
4. Ability to design, implement and support large database implementations
5. Proficiency in Oracle partitioning, RAC, ASM, Advanced Security, Data Encryption, Data Guard
6. Proficiency in Oracle backup and recovery techniques including RMAN, EDM Legato, Online backup
7. Proficiency in Oracle Grid Control, OEM, Context Management.
8. Proficiency in performance tuning
9. Strong knowledge or Oracle & PL/ SQL, Unix and shell scripting
10. Knowledge of data migration, data archiving and data access techniques.
11. Proficiency EMC Patrol and EDM Backups
12. Preferred in Oracle Application Express (HTML DB)
13. PeopleSoft 8.8 or 9.0
14. Oracle E-Business 11i
15. Oracle Application Server, Oracle Client,
16. PeopleSoft Application Server, Process Scheduler
17. SQL Server 2005/2008
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Discover a career with real meaning at Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX), the nation's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and...