The HR Training Department of the Kemper Services Group is currently seeking a Training and Development Specialist to work at our Jacksonville, Florida office location.
You will be working in a dynamic training environment that supports multiple organizations by designing and delivering both live and virtual training using a variety of media and delivery methods.
This position offers opportunities to actively participate in all aspects of training design, delivery, and administration in a corporate education setting.
• The Senior Training and Development Specialist designs, develops, and delivers training programs for employees across multiple Property and Casualty Insurance companies.
• Training topics include (but are not limited to) leadership, professional development, performance management, coaching, communication skills, problem solving, conflict management, team building and related soft skill subjects.
• Work directly with business unit leaders, and subject matter experts to assess and identify training and development requirements, translating them into training programs and services that meet their needs.
• Effectively apply knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theory to the design and delivery methods of new learning programs.
• Formulate teaching outlines and determine best instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
• Select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
• Identify and evaluate vendor solutions for training. Review external training programs to determine feasibility and applicability. Maintain working relationships with vendors.
• Create and maintain accurate training records and documentation.
• Utilize multimedia technology, eLearning and electronic performance support as part of a blended approach to learning.
*Five or more years of experience in delivery of training, employee education, and professional development.
*At least two years of recent training and development experience in a corporate or professional setting.
*Two or more years experience working with instructional design and adult learning and training methodologies (web based training/e-learning design experience a plus!).
*Experience in utilizing a variety of training methods, technologies, tools, and applications to engage audiences and enhance learning.
*Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
*Must possess good computer application skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
*Limited travel but must be able to do onsite training in other office locations as needed.
*Experience with E-learning and web based training design tools (e.g. Articulate, Captivate etc.) a plus.
*LMS/CMS administration preferred but not required.
Performance skills required
*The ability to conduct professional interactive, engaging training sessions for varied adult audiences.
*Demonstrated skills in training delivery; excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
*Strong coaching, consulting, and facilitation skills required.
*Must be able to work independently and collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
*Demonstrated ability to execute project plans and meet defined goals and objectives.
*Ability to support development and deployment of enterprise wide training programs.
Bachelor's degree in training related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply Online : https://www9.ultirecruit.com/UNI1042/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1448
Kemper Corporation’s Property and Casualty Insurance Group is made up of Kemper Preferred and Kemper Specialty, which sell personal lines and commercial auto insurance through a network of independent agents; and Kemper Direct, which sells personal auto and homeowners insurance directly to consumers.
This group represents 73% of Kemper’s $2.5 billion of annual insurance premiums.
Our employees enjoy great Benefits
•Choice of healthcare plans
•Choice of dental plans
•Flexible paid time off program
•Business casual dress
•401(k) with matching
•Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
•Employee referral bonuses
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Kemper Corporation - 17 months ago