Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae helps turn education dreams into reality for 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments.JOB SUMMARY: The senior mobile UX designer will be responsible for information architecture and user interface design of smartphone apps, tablet apps, and mobile formatted websites for customers of Sallie Mae's and Upromise's financial products. These applications may be native to a platform, mobile formatted websites, or hybrid applications using both native code and HTML5. This person should have 10 years of experience in developing and shipping commercial software and have shipped commercial mobile applications. The candidate should have experience with UX design of mobile applications. The candidate should specifically have experience developing native apps for iOS and Android. The Senior UX Designer will work closely with the Senior Mobile developer to implement user interface designs.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT:
User Experience Design
a) Design appropriate experiences for iOS, Android, and mobile web platforms based on business requirements
b) Produce wireframes of screens for business review
c) Produce process flow documents for business review and technical implementation
d) Be responsible for usability testing sessions (design the tests, arrange the tests, evaluate and communicate results)
a) Work with business to learn business requirements and evaluate technical viability and feasibility
b) Work with IT groups to learn the abilities and limitations of back end systems
c) Work with corporate compliance and security groups to ensure designs meets all corporate and legal standards
d) Document applications' design philosophy for peer review
e) Deliver annotated wireframes to IT for development
DECISION MAKING LATITUDE:
1. All user experience aspects (e.g. visual elements, application flow) of mobile applications.
2. Technical design of mobile application. These decisions are reviewed by other technical staff. The decisions impact other engineers. End users include; engineering, quality assurance
3. Time required for specific job functions. Time estimates for building specific pieces of functionality. These timelines are reviewed by management. The timelines have a direct impact on multiple departments. It is essential that these timelines are set-up so that the products are available when needed.
- Degree in Graphic / Information / Multimedia / Web and/or Human Computer Interaction Design (Bachelor's or Master's) or equivalent experience
- User Experience design of mobile applications
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Experience developing financial or highly transactional mobile applications/mobile web experiences
Fluency in wire framing tools OmniGraffle, ConceptDraw or VISIO
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
- Understanding of large scale content management systems a bonus
- Familiar with xml / xsl
- Experience working with .asp code
- Must provide good examples of user interface design and information architecture
- Must provide good examples of Web design work
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...