This Senior Underwriter will be responsible for generating multi-line middle market business opportunities in both the Technology (TIS) Insurance and Commercial Insurance (CIS) Specialties of the Charlotte Branch office. Note the Charlotte branch has three territories of agents including Charlotte, Columbia SC and Raleigh NC. This position is responsible for achieving departmental goals of profit, rate and growth. The lines of business include package, property, liability, automobile, workers compensation, crime, international, and excess umbrella. The individual in this role will also be responsible for building relationships with assigned producers, negotiating price, developing prospects and managing profitability, retention and new business goals. They will also be expected to develop and implement detailed business development plans for all key business initiatives. It is expected that the position will spend a significant amount of their time focusing on developing and creating prospects and generating new business premium both individually and working closely with the Charlotte middle market underwriting team.
This position reports to the TIS Practice Leader and the preferred location is Raleigh, NC, although Charlotte, NC will be considered as an alternate location.
Major Responsibilities Include:
• Underwrite and negotiate renewals with a combined TIS & CIS total premium of $ 6 million.
• Achieve profit, rate, retention, and growth goals.
• Generate $ 1 million new business written premium annually
• Account round and cross sell with other departments including environmental, energy, financial institutions and international.
• Account solicitation, risk selection, underwriting analysis and sales of Chubb TIS and CIS products & services for new and existing customers.
• Regular and proactive travel to and planning with assigned agents to build and maintain relationships favorable for business development.
• Travel with assigned agents to key clients and prospects to support retention, new business and growth objectives.
• Identify centers of influence in the community and become involved with those that will support the attainment of assigned business objectives.
• Work collaboratively with local and remote team of underwriters, underwriting associates, referral resources, claims & loss control.
• Continued technical development in underwriting for TIS & CIS
Skills and Competencies Required:
1. Ability to demonstrate strong underwriting skills in property, liability, auto, umbrella, workers compensation, international and errors and omissions liability.
2. Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge with specific emphasis on Technology (TIS) is preferred.
3. Proven track record of building strong business relationships with agents and insureds
4. The ability to multi-task effectively
5. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment using multiple internal and external resources appropriately, effectively and efficiently.
6. Proven ability in complex account analysis, prioritization, organization and detail orientation
7. Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
8. Proficient in sales, marketing and negotiation
9. Understands broader business perspectives and corporate visions, models behaviors necessary to achieve these goals
10. Knowledge of various Chubb reports including CMR, CUW, MIS, Salesforce.com, and the ability to analyze and act on data as needed is preferred.
Education and Experience:
Five or more years of Commercial Lines underwriting experience and Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Chubb Group - 14 months ago