The Senior UNIX Systems Engineer will work with a team to design new solutions that meet customer requirements and release solutions into production for support within an operations team. The Engineer will leverage industry best practices and the latest technologies to design and document solutions for mission critical web applications, databases, and enterprise systems. The engineer will also update project schedules and attend meetings with team members and clients to report status and issues.
- Master’s degree and 10 years of experience, or an equivalent of 14 years of related experience in information technology
- 8+ years as a UNIX (Solaris/Linux) systems engineer or administrator
- Experience performing in depth tuning of operating system parameters on Solaris on a Sparc platform and Linux environments.
- 6+ years of experience administering Solaris/Linux servers with Fiber Channel attached storage arrays.
- 4+ years of experience with automation of patching/packaging and Weblogic deployments in UNIX environment.
- 4+ years of Weblogic experience and WLST scripting.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of experience in Weblogic/Tomcat/Apache and Sun One webserver.
- 5+ years of experience with Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Filesystem, Veritas Cluster server, Sun Cluster server and/or Sun Volume Manager.
- 5+ years of experience with shell scripting (Perl, korn/bash, python, wlst, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with Symantec NetBackup and advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with ldap, samba, samfs, smarthost or DNS.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Experience documenting designs and updating project schedules.
- Experience in NAS administration (such as NetApp).
- Some hands-on administration experience with at least two kinds of enterprise storage arrays (such as EMC, HDS, HP/3PAR, Oracle/Sun).
- Fabric administration experience (such as Brocade or Cisco).
- Experience with Sybase or Oracle databases.
- VMware experience.
The Goal,Inc. - 18 months ago