Sr User Interface Designer
Job ID : 2013-18100
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 6/13/2013
Job Location: US-NY-New York
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Category: Information Technology
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Pearson K-12 Technology is seeking a Sr. User Experience Designer! The Sr. User Experience Designer is responsible for defining the user experience for new and existing products and product initiatives. They work with product managers to define user focused requirements and with developers to build useful, usable, desirable and accessible applications.
- Assist in defining product requirements to ensure usability and a user centered product design philosophy
- Design interactions and create wireframes and workflow diagrams to communicate to stakeholders during the design process
- Develop prototypes using standards compliant, accessible HTML and CSS that can be given to development team
- Ensure that interface designs are usable and follow company design and accessibility standards
- Develop user story acceptance criteria to guide developers and quality assurance teams and to ensure functionality is built as designed
- Participate in usability evaluation and user research projects
- Ensure that the product is ready for release
- Mentors junior user interface designers
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelors Degree in a design related field or technical field, or equivalent experience is required. Minimum of two (2) years experience in interface, interaction or experience design and product development.
communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Strong usability design skills
- Strong visual sense
- Strong proficiency in the following: XHTML, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), web standards & accessibility
- Experience with graphics software
- Experience generating software requirements
- Ability to communicate all aspects of a requirement through a design
- Understanding of the limitation of web technologies
- Ability to quickly learn new emerging technologies
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent customer service attitude,
- Excellent organizational and time
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast
high stress situations
- Ability to work under pressure and in
- Ability to be self motivated
Pearson Education - 9 months ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...