Year Founded: 2 years old
# of employees: 14 people, 7 in development
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Current Co. revenue/funding: About 15 million dollars, just secured 10 million dollars just 5 months ago
Position Title: Sr Web Mining Engineer
Minimum Requirements in Years:
1. NLP and Machine Learing algorithms experience
2. Coding experience: XML, SQL, in a UNIX environment, ideally Java exp as well
3. Experience in the search space, web crawling and extracting structured web info
4. Strong mathematical background
Desired Proficiencies in Years:
1. Java; Distributed processing frameworks, ie: Nutch, Hadoop; collaboration and code/build management tools ie: SVN, ANT, Maven
2. Web app technologies: XML, Web services, SAX, SOAP, RoR (ruby on rails) Active Record, J2EE: EJB, Spring, Hibernate
We are a destination travel site for search and also discovery. Not only do we offer ways of finding inexpensive travel/stays, but also allow you to personalize your trip based on what you want to accomplish, review recommendations from all over the web, and find things to do… all from our one site.
We track our progress against the other travel sites and we are the only ones with positive growth since August!
Received our series B of funding just last summer, so we are well positioned to ride out the storm!
We already have a half million unique visitors a month to our site
We are actively interviewing for this position. Please send your resume ASAP to Dirk Zondag firstname.lastname@example.org . If you would like to refer someone for this position, we offer a $1000.00 referral fee.
Elevate Recruiting Group - 22 months ago