Walmart.com is seeking an experienced iOS developer to join us as we leverage our position as the world's largest company to revolutionize mobile e-commerce. The mobile team is a small, agile group located in San Bruno, California (just south of San Francisco) that moves fast and employs the latest in software development best practices (and our offices have amazing views).
The person who we choose for this position will write software that will be in the hands of millions of people who will use it every day. We think that's a pretty neat opportunity.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Minimum education and experience required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
Minimum experience required: 5 years of software development experience or related experience.
Skills required: Must have experience performing Android application development enabling delivery of content on mobile devices; developing software including analyzing business requirements, design, implementation, testing and support; conducting code reviews; conducting task planning and divvying up tasks to engineers on the team; liaising with business teams, leading engineering teams on projects, and mentoring junior engineers; using distributed source code control; documenting project designs; integrating with SOAP and REST Web service APIs; deep understanding of the underlying layout system in Android (e.g. RelativeLayout vs. LinearLayout); understanding of Android frameworks; understanding of the Android Dalvik runtime; understanding of the Apache flavor of the SDK; deep understanding of threading, especially on how it relates to UI; and understanding of memory constraints for the runtime and various references types (e.g. phantom, soft, weak).
Wal-Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sr. iOS Developer
Walmart Stores - 18 months ago
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...