The primary purpose of this position is responsible for formulating and defining system scope and objectives for complex information system problems to meet the needs of customers with minimum supervision.
· Defines system scope and objectives through research to develop or modify procedures to solve complex problems.
· Designs, codes, tests, debugs documents and maintains those programs.
· Expands knowledge of Company operations particularly as related to assigned projects.
· Writes, tests and documents the necessary code to implement approved computer programming requests;
· Verifies the accuracy and completeness of coding.
· Recommends systems changes or enhancements, giving primary consideration to the feasibility, maintainability, customer needs, and overall cost/benefit and quality requirements.
· Documents external system design, writes specifications, and defines procedures for the new or enhanced system.
· Provides accurate time estimates of the duration of projects and accomplishes them within a reasonable deviation of the original estimate.
· Continually reviews an evaluates department standards, procedures and techniques;
· Recommends possible improvements and/or incorporation into production work.
· Learns new languages or technology necessary to meet the needs of assigned projects, as directed.
· Participates in the training or development of others, as directed.
· Coordinates the activities of project teams and/or system support teams.
· Completes, or assists with, detailed project assignments.
· Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate.
· Gains understanding of business needs in assigned project area.
· Studies and documents manual or automated procedures.
· Analyzes alternatives, providing a cost/benefit analysis of each.
· Assists in defining customer acceptance criteria (testing).
· Organizes or conducts meetings or demos.
· After the new system is operational, reviews the entire project for possible modifications, updates, or improvements; continues to periodically monitor the system.
· Communicates with customers, management, application teams, and application control or development teams throughout the duration of the project;
· Serves as a consulting resource for customers.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing and fast paced environment.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer related field.
· Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience in software development.
· Must have strong hands-on experience with OOP and Design Patterns within large enterprise level applications.
· Must have a strong eye for overall application efficiency, scalability and extensibility.
· Experience with .NET 2.0/3.5, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, AJAX, and JQuery.
· Experience with MS SQL 2005/2008 including stored procedures and table design.
· Experience with SQL performance tuning.
· Experience working in a fast paced Agile environment including the Scrum SDLC.
· Experience mentoring junior developers on the team.
PREFERRED (But not required):
· Experience with development and consumption of secure web services.
· Experience with console applications (nightly jobs) and windows services applications.
· Experience with XSLT, XML, XML Security Standards.
· Experience with MVC 3.0, HTML5.0, CSS 3, mobile JQuery, and mobile websites.
· Experience working across multiple teams developing and integrating shared controls and components.
· Experience with agile concepts including Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
ASH Companies - 16 months ago