Responsible for leading the design, development and maintenance of high quality .Net applications being developed on n-tier and service-oriented architectures.
Work on multiple, medium to large scale technical projects at a time, as well as ongoing production support.
• Lead and manage the efficiency, productivity, and processes of an Agile development team
• Lead the development team by providing architectural guidance, .Net expertise and by guiding the Offshore team on their project deliverables
• Develop web and windows forms applications content in accordance with functional and technical specifications
• Support high quality web applications using the Agile Software Development methodology which includes structured programming, documentation, design, code-reviews and creation of stored procedures
• Demonstrate quantifiable improvements in software development results through continuous process improvement, able to coach teams and Dev Leads to yield higher levels of productivity and quality
• Work with business and application users to define and design robust and user centric application solutions
• Work as part of the development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment.
• Implement improvements in Development tactics that demonstrably improve team quality and velocity, such as implementation of automated unit tests, automated builds, and branching/merging process improvements
• Ensure that all forms of technical debt are identified, tracked, communicated and addressed
• Assist/mentor more junior level staff
• Must have proven experience with technical leadership of software development groups and projects
• Must have very strong ASP.NET front end, middle tier and back end development experience for heavily trafficked web sites
• 8-12 years of programming experience with ASP.Net and C# on web and windows forms applications
• Must demonstrate proficiency with the following:
• CSS/XSLT/Master Pages
• A thorough understanding of structured programming design techniques and best-practice design patterns used to create high-quality, robust and readable code
• Must have experience in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle.
• An understanding of medical insurance is a plus.
• Non-technical attributes:
• Able to support development standards
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
• Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
Word & Brown Companies - 5 months ago