CANDESCENT EYE MANAGEMENT
(dba Koch Eye and Eye Health Vision Centers)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement general ledger accounts
- Understanding of timely and accurate monthly general ledger close process
- Able to perform analysis of key general ledger accounts
- Preparation of month end journal entries along with an bank reconciliations support
- Review and distribution of monthly financials – balance sheet, income statement and quarterly cash flow statements
- Perform supplemental calculations of revenue accruals to ensure proper revenue recognition on a monthly basis
- Communicate with the team leaders/ managers on a regular basis regarding reconciling items and issue resolution
- Respond to ad hoc reporting and analysis requests relating to general ledger accounts
Qualifications & Key Skills Required:
- BS in Accounting or related field
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in an accounting or finance role
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and at all levels
- Strong Xcel skills (Use of V-Lookups and Pivot tables) & general ledger system aptitude
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Ability to work independently and meet or beat deadlines
- Strong follow up and follow through
- Solid understanding of accrual basis accounting (“GAAP”)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Optimal eyesight contributes to a full life. Candescent Eye is dedicated to ensuring everyone sees their best and protects one of patients’ most precious gifts, their eyesight, throughout their lifetime. We are dedicated to helping people see, feel and look their best throughout their lifetime. The company operates full service vision care centers and has a team of leading physicians and business leaders who are setting the standard for vision health in the US. The company plans to initially develop a footprint in the Northeast through the acquisition of large physician owned practices. The company currently manages 12 eye care centers and 2 surgery centers with a team of over 350 employees.
Candescent Eye was formed in 2011 and, in early 2012, acquired Koch Eye Associates, a rapidly expanding eye care practice in Rhode Island. Founded in 1981, Koch Eye Associates has grown to be one of the leading eye care practices in Rhode Island. Koch Eye Associates has been in business for over 30 years providing comprehensive eye care and optical services throughout the state. Koch Eye Associates is known for treating patients like family and setting the standards for eye care in the industry. Koch’s loyal customer following and reputation as one of the Best Places to work has created the opportunity to grow and open new locations.
In December 2012, the Company acquired announced the acquisitions of Eye Health Associates and Seacoast Eye. Eye Health has been in business for over 30 years and has several offices serving the South Coast of Massachusetts as well as one office in Middletown, Rhode Island. Seacoast Eye operates an office in Wakefield, Rhode Island.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties to be performed.