We are currently recruiting for the following open position:
Department/Division: Operations, Watches and Fine Jewelry
Title: Senior Accountant- Retail
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Chanel, Inc., a leader in the luxury goods industry, seeks a Senior Accountant in its New Jersey office. The Senior Accountant is responsible for overseeing the financial accounting for the Fashion and Watch/Fine Jewelry Divisions of Chanel, Inc. relating primarily to Retail reporting.
- Prepare monthly analysis and reconciliations reporting variances to expected and prior results in a business oriented manner
- Provide dynamic inventory and sales analysis to senior management, interpreting results for the purpose of identifying operational causes resulting in financial impacts, as well as identifying potential issues
- Oversee the timely preparation of monthly account analysis and independently make adjustments as necessary
- Work directly with IT department to ensure the financial integrity of the Fashion/WFJ systems. Participate in testing of all system modifications to understand financial ramifications of such changes
- Communication and resolution of issues between IT and other system users to coordinate system enhancements including improved controls and reporting
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining good internal controls and procedures related to Fashion systems and processes
- Partner with Operations, Sales, and Financial Planning & Analysis to track, review and explain actual variances to upper management
- Provide analysis for the annual Budget and monthly forecasts
- Provide necessary support and analysis during the annual financial audit
- Conduct complex ad hoc analysis and tasks as assigned
Minimum Education: Degree in Accounting
Minimum Years of Experience: 4+ years of progressive responsible accounting/ finance experience with major accounting firm or reputable private company
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Chanel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- CPA or MBA preferred but not required
- Must have Retail Accounting experience related primarily to Inventory and Sales Audit
- Project management experience in systems is a plus
- People management is a plus.
CHANEL - 2 years ago
Chanel S.A. is a high fashion brand that specializes in haute couture and ready-to-wear clothes, luxury goods and fashion accessories....