This position entails being a member of a team tasked with accounting for the Company’s international entities with primary responsibility for certain assigned entities and processes. The position includes applying local and US GAAP accounting principles to prepare accurate and timely statutory reporting and monthly journal entries, reconciliations, analyses and reporting.
- Work with local service providers to ensure compliance with all country specific statutory accounting, tax and regulatory filings for countries/entities supported
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting standards
- Compile and analyze financial information and prepare financial statements including monthly and annual statutory and US GAAP accounts
- Support all Local Service Provider relationships, supplying and reconciling all necessary reports and analyses, closely communicating and coordinating with provider
- Support and review all indirect tax filings for assigned entities
- Support quarterly and annual audit process and prepare necessary schedules, reconciliations and analyses
- Support the reporting and analysis needs of the applicable regional and corporate management teams.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and internal accounting controls
- Suggest and contribute to process improvements
- Lead and participate in various analyses, forecasts and ad hoc projects
Aspen Technology is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
- Strong technical accounting skills (experience with SFAS 52 a plus)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner with all levels of the organization
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- 4+yrs of relevant GL accounting experience, including experience with international accounting
- Foreign language skills preferred (French, Italian, Dutch a plus)
- Oracle or related ERP experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills required