Perform accounting duties for all Performant business entities. Accounting duties include preparation and/or review of monthly journal entries, analyzing data and recording accruals, amortization/depreciation, fixed assets, IUSW, other assets and liabilities accordingly. Duties also include reconciliation and/or review of balance sheet accounts, escheatment & other tax filings, preparation of audit schedules, month-end close activities.
• Analyze monthly expenses and accrued liabilities for completeness. Book entries to adjust items as appropriate
• Analyze vendor expenses vs. budget for senior management. In addition, maintain month-end reporting template, coordinate meetings, and prepare financials.
• Review monthly entry for Internally Developed Software. Monitor to ensure charges are being capitalized appropriately
• Download AMEX report, assign GL coding and book the appropriate monthly journal entry; provide spending analysis to management
• Assist with the review coding on AP invoices
• Compile and review balance sheet reconciliations from Payroll, Trust Accounting, AR, AP and general ledger. Submit reviewed reconciliations of high risk accounts to management for second level review.
• Prepare property & sales tax returns
• Prepare audit schedules & footnotes as required
• Work on projects assigned by management
• Responsible for input and posting of Journal Entries
• Review capital budgeting
• Month-end General Ledger close
• Process and SOX documentation
• Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge and of Finance and Accounting principles, practices, and processes.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and manager day to day operations and staff assignments.
• Ability to work within a rapidly changing fast paced work environment, both independently and as a team member.
• Willingness to embrace change and learn new skills and new technology.
• Professional, team player, responsible, dependable, detail oriented, and accurate.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
• Proficient with accounting-related (windows based, menu driven) software and spreadsheets (MS Excel)
• Extraordinary leadership ability, to be measured by a combination of results, and standards
• Ability to inspire others to excellence
• Ability/willingness to hold others accountable for performance in a constructive manner, that builds and motivates individual and team spirit
• Sit/stand/walk 8-12 hr/day
• Lift/carry/push/pull under and over 10 lbs occasionally
• Keying frequently, handling, reaching, fine manipulation
Education and Experience:
• 5+ years accounting experience
• Prior experience leading non-exempt and professional accounting and finance staff
• Prior experience in general ledger/financial analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related degree is required
• CPA highly desired
Performant Financial Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Performant Financial Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, political belief status, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
NO AGENCY SUBMISSIONS