Location: Lake Forest
Professional Community Management of CA, Inc. (PCM) is seeking a Full Time Senior Accountant to join our growing team. Prepares financial statements and perform related work as required. Assist in special projects and training. Under direct supervision of the VP/Controller, work involves regular contact with various banks, Property Managers, association Board of Directors, Developer Clients and other departments including Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, Customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly financial statements including journal entries, supporting schedules, bank reconciliation and communications to Property Managers regarding reports for complex associations.
- Perform any investment transactions as requested by the Board of Directors, maintaining proper documentation for transactions, including reserve contributions, payments for reserve expenditures and investments. Update and maintain correspondence and signature card files.
- Transition new and canceled clients accounting records
- Set-up and maintain Developer phased accounts
- The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work of different assignment positions.
- Meet with Board of Directors and attend meetings if needed.
- Assist management as directed. Assist co-workers with problems, assist IT department with problem solving.
- Assist in training as directed.
- Assist with other jobs and other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting strongly preferred or equivalent
- Minimum five years of accounting experience.
- Ability to apply the principles, procedures and techniques of accounting, financial records and transactions.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and ten-key adding machine.
- Ability to work in an automated accounting environment.
- Ability to use Excel, WordPerfect, Outlook and AS400 accounting programs;
- Ability to compile and analyze financial reports.
- Ability to read, to understand, to interpret and explain rules and regulations.
- Ability to research problems and prepare written recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to meet given deadlines.
- Must be a strong self-starter and self motivated.
Monster - 30+ days ago
PCM has been serving clients in Southern California for over 35 years. No other company can match its depth of experience, knowledge and...