Unify Square, Inc. is seeking a talented, dynamic Senior Accountant to help in supporting our growth plans from our headquarters office and across our other global offices. The areas of expertise for this position include bookkeeping, financial accounting, budgetary planning and controls, and forecasting. Working with the Controller, the Senior Accountant would also be responsible for providing meaningful financial analysis and insights to the management team. The position helps to ensure that company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) / or IFRS. We’re looking for quick learners and people who can work effectively independently as well as part of a team. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
Who We Are:
Unify2 is a Bellevue, WA-based hi-technology startup and a rapidly growing company, with subsidiaries in Europe and Asia Pacific regions. The company serves Fortune 500–class enterprise customers around the globe, providing several software products and consulting services to extend the Microsoft Unified Communications platform for transforming business operations. .
The selected candidate should be able to provide basic bookkeeping and accounting for the U.S. operations, while coordinating policies, procedures and controls with the company’s global accounting team. The Senior Accountant should have an aptitude for systems and strong communication skills in addition to being highly motivated and energetic. This person will need to work with employees in other functions from entry level team members to senior managers. The right Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to grow along with the company.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Maintain accounting journals and ledgers and update the transactions in the company’s accounting system in a timely manner
- Process promptly and with due diligence the accounts payable, accounts receivables, expense reports, credit card statements, and employee reimbursements as per company expense policy
- Prepare customer invoices based on Customer POs, SOWs and time sheets / expense statements; submit them to customers in a timely manner and follow up to ensure timely payments
- Assist Controller in monthly closing of books, account reconciliations, consolidation of financial statements and preparation of other corporate accounting reports in a timely manner
- Process payroll though external payroll processors
- Work with the Controller to interface with banks, auditors, insurance brokers, employee benefits providers, as required
- Assist with the purchasing of goods and services by providing account classification, coding, backup support/research, approvals, reporting, etc.
- Assist the management in preparation of key performance indicator (KPI) metrics for its review (company dashboard)
- Assist with both internal and external audits of global accounting function
- Perform other duties as assigned
If this sounds like you, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job title in the subject line of your email with your name.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in corporate accounting department of a high growth global company
- Experience working with 3rd party payroll providers; experience with ADP strongly preferred
- Experience in working with SAPbyDesign financials preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and familiarity with IFRS and with accounting for intercompany transactions.
- Proficiency in working with QuickBooks
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Strong oral and written communications skills with cross discipline team members
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as part of a team
- Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience
Unify Square - 11 months ago