Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position will play an integral role within the accounting team handling general ledger and financial statement analyses and reporting.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analyses on multiple balance sheet accounts and key income statement accounts including cash, fixed assets, prepaids, accruals, payroll and marketing expenses.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of various month-end management reports and investigating variances and issues identified.
- Review contracts, purchase orders and account coding.
- Assist with capital expenditures process and fixed asset sub-ledger through asset creation, transfers and retirements, prepare depreciation schedules and PP&E roll-forwards, reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger, and perform variance analysis.
- Coordinate preparation of monthly and quarterly close binders and ensure supporting documentation is maintained for each journal voucher and reconciliation.
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are properly followed for accounts under responsibility.
- Work with other business unites to reconcile intercompany transactions.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable staff to understand nature of expenses and impact to the general ledger.
- Maintain SOX documentation for processes under area of responsibility.
- Assist in other accounting and finance special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting role handling general ledger reconciliations, fixed assets accounting, and financial statement analyses
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and written), organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office and intermediate to advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience with ERP system; Oracle Financials system strongly preferred.
- Ability to work productively in a dynamic environment and be a solutions-oriented team player
- Requires ability to work overtime during the month-end close process and special projects as needed
United Online - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -