Join one of the fastest growing public accounting firms in the country! Opportunities for personal growth and mutually beneficial work agreements. HORNE LLP, one of the largest accounting and consulting firms in the Southeast, is seeking a Senior Accounting Technician for our Houston, Texas office.
Required Experience and Education:
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years bookkeeping or accounting experience in a professional office environment preferred.
- Governmental or Compliance accounting experience a plus
- Proficiency with computer and spreadsheet software programs, including Microsoft Office suite products.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Very strong organizational skills required.
Assist with detailed review, reconciliation, and audit preparation for the receipt and/or disbursement of Public Assistance funds within a designated geographic area or political jurisdiction(s).
Works closely with local government officials to ensure the integrity and completeness of the recovery financial records in accordance with federal and state guidelines, and generally accepted accounting principles.
Assists, where necessary, in the physical preparation of project procurement documentation, project budgets, budget tracking, and budget variance reporting.
Performs audit and/or pre-audit activities, by project in anticipation of federal Inspector General audits and reviews.
Oversees the work of accounting technicians.
We serve a broad range of industries such as Franchising, Construction, Manufacturing, Professional Services, and Healthcare. We value our people, our clients, innovation, leadership, teamwork, doing what's right, technology, and success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. EOE M/F/D/V
- Encouraged to join a community association related to his/her field after first year of employment with Mentor approval prior to joining.
- Participates in Mentoring Program and serves as new hire buddy.
- Assumes individual responsibility to learn all new technology introduced by the Firm as appropriate for service/practice area.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
BUSINESS ADVISORY AND ACCOUNTING
HORNE LLP - 14 months ago